Chapter 13-----

I was snapped back into my real body, confused and disoriented. Someone was screaming at the top of their lungs. I was being dragged down a brightly lit hallway by two goons. I realized that the person screaming was me. Shit. I didn't stop. Eventually, I was dragged into a room where my friends were. They were behind bars, in separate cells, their colorful hair shaved. They looked terrible, like someone had been beating them. I swear, if they hurt my friends...

"Is that the last one?" A man asked.

"Yeah. Found this one passed out in an alley, hands all glowy and shit. He's a prophet, for sure," one of the men holding me gruffly replied. I continued screaming and bucking around. Wait a minute! I had heard that exact line before, in a vision! Only then, Regi was helping them. This time he was in a cell.

"Get in there, freak!" One of the men jeered as he threw me roughly into a cell. Waylen's last words to me echoed in my head, so I grasped the bars of my cell and continued screaming.

"God, someone shut him up!" The man who had spoken first, complained. I think he was the person in charge.

"Can do," The other guard smiled maliciously, pulling something that looked like a remote control out of his pocket. He pressed a button, and my cell bars lit up with an electric current, throwing me backwards, howling in pain. Out of the corner of my eye, in the cell across from mine I watched Kail pick himself up the ground, slowly and menacingly.

"Whatcha gonna do, pretty boy? Do you want a tasty little buzz like Sprinkles over there?" He waved the remote at Kail.

"Don't you dare fucking kill my boyfriend again," Kail growled. Okay, this was different. The words were the same, but in my vision Kail had been throwing himself against the bars and going crazy. This was somehow more terrifying.

"Or what? You'll vegetable me to death, lettuce boy?" The goon sneered. Kail's eyes slowly pooled with icy cold light.

"Get a collar ready," The supervisor told the other guard. I didn't watch what he went and got, my eyes were fixated on Kail. He slowly grabbed the bars of his cell, his eyes coldly tracking the guard who had insulted him, making sure he carefully watched every deliberately languid movement. And then, just like that, Kail pulled the metal bars of his cell apart, bending them like butter.

"Holy sh-" the guard went to swear, but he didn't get that far. Kail reached out and tapped him on the forehead. The man disintegrated into pieces, becoming nothing but dust on the floor. Kail turned towards the other two.

"Who's next?" He asked, in that horrible grating voice that wasn't his own.

"You," The supervisor replied. Kail laughed, but he didn't know that the other goon had crept up behind him. The man stuck something into Kail's neck, a high-tech looking thing that made his eyes roll back in his head as he fell over.

"KAIL!" I screamed.

"You better shut up, filth, unless you want to end up like your friend here," the goon scowled at me as he threw Kail into a different cell, his boots crunching on the dust of his co-worker.

"What are you going to do to us?" Raine asked bravely.

"I'm going to hurt you real bad," The supervisor grinned widely.

*

I'm not going to go into as much detail here. That time we spent... was a living hell. It's impossible to talk about it, let alone write about it. We were tortured, essentially. Dragged out of our cells to dark rooms where they caused us excruciating pain all for the sake of science. Or something like that.