Prologue

I ran through the thick trees, feeling adrenaline coursing through my veins. What was happening was beyond me, all I knew what to do, was run. Run as fast as you can. I didn't break sweat neither did I get tired, I just kept running. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a quick shadow. It was clearly a figure of a male. Although it was just a shadow, I could see his gold glowing eyes. He was catching up. I sped up my pace, happy that I could even run this much. I never knew that I had so much energy! Perhaps it's because of the fact that I never run and I never go outside cause of my stupid skin and eyes. It was really annoying. Although my parents do have a point. If society found out that I have these weird features then everyone would freak out. Eventually, the government would come and take me away, most likely to experiment on me. They would think that I was totally alien! And that's something I don't want. Now let's get off THAT topic and move on to the fact that I'm getting freaking chased! I can't even remember what happened before!! Was I having amnesia? Did something bad happen to me? Suddenly, something popped up in my mind.... JOLIE! Where was she!? Was she even with me!? No, she had to be somewhere around, she had been with me this whole thing! Jolie can't be gone.... Not so soon! Jolie said she was my guide! She is my sister! Oh my god, where was she? Without even noticing, I came to a stop. There was a large pond in front of me. What the hell was I supposed to do!? Out of the blue, my body started acting on itself. I positioned myself as if I was gonna jump...Wait, was I gonna freaking jump? Just then, I sprang into the air, successfully making it to the other side. My eyes widened, turning around. I seemingly lost the guy who was chasing me. The only thing I wasn't sure of was if I was myself. I walked up to the river and saw my reflection. I was wearing this kind of armor...And there was a sword on my back..... I couldn't see the color of my eyes.

        December 31, 2000, the awakening of the last Bastion, the Bastion of life. May this Bastion go on to protect.