Chapter 1

It was the end of the 2nd millennium. It was also the birth of one special little girl. What was her name? Ave? Ava? Evangeline? No! It wasn't any of those! It was the birth of Aviana Oshur! Born with strange violet eyes and abnormal skin, her parents hid Aviana away from the world. She was basically locked up in her own house. She grew up to be rather beautiful. Aviana's skin didn't get in the way of that. However, Aviana didn't think that herself. Nobody would if their parents would call them a "monster". Aviana's parents treated her badly and sometimes acted as she never existed. And that's why she grew up so independent and intelligent. She always loved spending time on her own, most likely reading books or listening to music. Aviana was quite the day dreamer, she would also think about the world. She would think about the universe and it's secrets. Aviana would always wonder if there existed other species superior to the human being, and she didn't doubt it. She would especially wonder why she was born like this, but that is a secret to be revealed soon. It is now 15 years since she has been given life....

"AVIANA!! YOU BRAT! YOU STOLE MY LIPSTICK DIDN'T YOU!?"

Yes, of course. Aviana also had sisters. 3 of them in fact. Jolie, Kalie, and Mae. Jolie, the only one who cared for her, was now in university. And that university was in Washington, which was probably about thousands of kilometers away. She was left with her wretched 2 sisters. She could handle Kalie, however Mae is the worst. Aviana can't stand her! And now that her parents left on a trip to Ireland...Well...She thought she would die before they came back. Her parents might despise her slightly, however, they know their limits...

Mae bursts into Aviana's room with an outraged expression, her hands on her hips.

"M-Mae, I swear, I didn't steal anything!!"

"Ha! As if! You are the one who is stealing everything!"

"That's because you keep blaming it on me! Just leave me alone!"

"I'll leave you alone once you give my lipstick!"

"But I don't have it! Kalie must've taken it! I don't know!"

"I don't care. Find it FOR me, because I have this!" Mae waves Aviana's diary in the air with a smirk plastered on her face.

Tears rim Aviana's eyes.

"OKAY FINE! I'll find it for you!" Mae's smirk widens as she turns around and leaves with Aviana's Diary, the sound of her heels clicking against the floor echoed in the halls.

Aviana sighs as starts looking for the lipstick that Mae oh so ever needs to survive this wretched world.

~~~~~~~ ☪♚☪ ~~~~~~~

Aviana sighs in relief as Mae's lipstick comes into vision. She picks it up and runs to Mae's room, leaving it on her bedside table.
'Jeez, I wish she wasn't such a drama queen.' Aviana thinks as she flops on her bed. It was really boring. All she had for entertainment was television, books, videogames, the internet, and drawing. She was homeschooled, obviously, but on days like this, she had online school. Ugh, what a pain in the neck. She reaches out for a book on her bedside table, only to find out that it was on the floor. Aviana groaned getting up, and getting the book to read it.

"The Land of Stories: Beyond the Kingdoms"
"Conner and Jack went to have a look for themselves---"

Aviana kept on reading the adventures of Conner and Alex, that is, until her sister came in her room.

"Thanks for finding my lipstick for me! Now, clean up the house! My boyfriend is coming here tonight!" MAe smiles "sweetly" as she goes back to her room.

Aviana groans. Can't she have peace for once!? She stretches, then staring off into the distance, delaying the work she "has" to do.

~~~~~~~ ☪♚☪ ~~~~~~~

Aviana wipes the sweat off her forehead, sighing. She was almost done cleaning, however, something caught her attention. The door was open. Aviana stands up walking up to the entrance door, looking at it curiously. Perhaps someone left the door open! But of course, that wasn't the case. Aviana looks outside to see if anyone was around, keeping hidden, of course. She only saw a note on the floor. She crouched and picked it up before going back inside. Aviana runs to her room, panting shakily. She sits down on her bed. Aviana was almost scared to read it, but she read it.

"Dear Aviana,
Go to the ocean. Dive deep and talk to the creatures among it. May you find the place you belong, the place you were meant to be. Go to the moon, a quest will be waiting for you.
Love, Katrina"

Katrina?? What!? Aviana thought that this was just utter nonsense! This would have to be prank right!? But who did it? None of her sisters would've done it, they would never waste time on her! And who was Katrina!? Aviana sat in deep thought. Maybe it is real...But that's ridiculous! Then again, what is normal about her? Violet eyes and greyish skin.. Aviana put the note in her cabinet before laying on her bed and resting her eyes.

~~~~~~~ ☪♚☪ ~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since that first note came at the door, however, in between those two weeks, more notes have been coming. It was freaking Aviana out! Aviana started to think that maybe she should start piecing this mystery together.. Aviana stares at the pile of notes that was on her desk. There seemed to be 17.. Aviana huffed, crossing her arms. She can't go out, it was literally forbidden! Aviana's worry turns into disgust. Last time she tried... Well, It didn't go very well...

↛ ℱʟαṧнßα¢к ↚
Aviana sat in the corner, sobbing.
'Why!? Why am I like this!?' She saw herself for the first time. Aviana was 13-14 when she stole a mirror from her parent's room. Aviana stands up. Tears running down her face, walking out of her room. She runs to the entrance door, opening it. Aviana didn't care if someone saw her, she ran into the forest near her house. She would find a pond and drown herself in it. That was her plan.

A few hours later, her mom finds her, outraged. She grabs Aviana's arm and drags her to they're house, scolding her, hitting her quite a few times. When they get to the house, her mom throws her to the floor, yelling at her. Aviana's two sisters came downstairs, gigging when they see Aviana getting hit and yelled at.
"OKAY! I'M SORRY! I WON'T DO IT AGAIN!!" She yells, pushing her mom away, running to her room, sobbing.

↛ ℰηd
Aviana cringed at the memory. To the end of time, she will stay inside. Aviana absolutely loathed her mother ever since that event. Her whole body eternally screams when she considers doing something she is banned to do, thanks to that memory that is now burned into her mind. Her thoughts are caught off by the sound of her sisters laughing... Extremely obnoxiously.

"SERIOUSLY KALIE!? YOU THINK THAT SHE WAS BORN UGLY BECAUSE SHE'S SOME WARRIOR PROTECTING SOME AETHER PRINCESS!? MAN, THAT IS THE MOST DUMB TOPIC EVER!!" Cornelia is heard saying the obnoxious statement in between laughter. Aviana could almost sense Kalie rolling her eyes.

'I wonder what they're talking about.' She stays silent, interested in what her two sisters were chatting about, despite the fact that Aviana can't apprehend what they coming about, the statement that was heard was rather intriguing. Aviana sits on her desk chair, her gaze landing on her desktop computer. Aviana starts up her computer, obliged to search up, though she thought no results would come up on the topic, there were results. Aviana's curiosity got the best of her.

" About 392,000 results (0.33 seconds)"

"The Aether Warrior"

Aviana clicks the first one. (The Aether Warrior).

"The Aether is known to be similar to Heaven, however many communities say otherwise. They say that the Aether is the home of many mythical creatures, only helpful and good-hearted creatures. Such as nymphs, mermaids (some), gods, ect."

Aviana keeps on reading the information, absorbing every piece of information that was worth the importance.

"The Aether Warrior is a very popular topic among people in Africa, Syria, Ireland, and Tokyo. The Aether Warrior(s) have somewhat greyish skin and violet/amethyst eyes. They are very powerful and once one awakens, someone is assigned to get the Warrior. Once someone is destined to be the Aether Warrior, they cannot avoid it. The Warriors' goal is to protect the apparent "Aether princess", no matter is they are fated to death."

'So that was what Kalie and Cornelia were talking about- wait...greyish skin and violet eyes? Isn't that what I have?' Aviana shakes her head in doubt, turning off her computer. Wasted time is what she called this nonsense.

~~~~~~~ ☪♚☪ ~~~~~~~

2 days. 2 days it has been since she has searched up "Aether Warrior" and now, Aviana has started to hear voices. They tell her to go. They tell her to protect. They tell her to either die or serve her destiny. It was now time that Aviana was started to get scared. She felt like she was going to go insane! In that minute, she thought that it was time to start piecing up this wretched puzzle instead of panicking. A few minutes pass to let Aviana reconsider.

"AVIANA!! DARLING, WE HAVE GREAT NEWS FOR YOU!" I hear my mom yell out. I could sense unusual happiness in her voice. Had they changed?

I get startled and jump. They already came. What is the news for ME? They never had GOOD news for me! And besides, why are they here so early? I thought they were going to come home two days later, not two days earlier! Oh god... What did they have planned for me? It couldn't be that bad, right? I mean, I haven't done anything and neither can I go outside! Perhaps I can go outside I just have to hide my skin and eyes at all costs. But my parents would never risk that. If anything, they don't even bother to risk anything if it costs their reputation as well as their so called "Popularity".

I could hear my mom walking upstairs to get to my room. I gulped slightly as I worried what she was going to tell me. The last thing I need to hear is the fact that they found some camp for kids for strange skin and eyes. God that would nerve-wracking as well as life-shattering.

My mom opened my door and looked at me with pitiful eyes. She took a breath and said something I never thought she was going to say.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything that we've done..."

I looked at her with widened and shocked eyes. Why was she apologizing? And why now?

"Look, I know that this seems surprising, but I really am sorry! I want to spend my last days with you, because I never appreciated you..." She mumbles the last part of her sentence. I couldn't quite hear it, but oh well.

"I, you, and your father are going on a two day vacation! I know it's a little bit, but it's all we got!" My mom smiles brightly. Just what secret was she keeping? I could see it in her eyes... A sadness.

I smiled back at her, saying the deathly I never thought I'd say.

"Seems fine with me!"