Undyne's Sunshine

Frisk's P.O.V.

Sitting in my room, it was quiet. It was too quiet even. Quiet enough that I could even hear a bit of Sans and Papyrus's conversation downstairs. I turned my TV on and it showed the ending of the movie that I was still watching: Inside Out.

(Oh yeah, and if you haven't seen the movie yet, you should. It's pretty good.)

"Riley's happy...because of sadness...!"

My phone started to ring after that sentence. I walked over to my table and answered it while eating another piece of leftover butterscotch pie from yesterday.

"Hello? This is Frisk Winifred speaking."

"Uh hey, Frisk. It's Napstablook. Do you mind if you and your friends could come over tomorrow night for a bit? I mean, you don't have to come if you don't want to. I understand. I'm trying to crack a case about a murder scene that happened lately with one of my neighbors. Word has been going on that a strange figure with beaming red eyes killed the victim, but no one knows for sure. I want to make sure that Mettaton doesn't get into any trouble once he arrives."

Napstablook is my ghost friend. He's usually shy and can be distant from other monsters. I don't really know much about him except he's related to Mettaton.

"Mettaton's coming too?" I asked. "Does he ever take any breaks from his job?"

"Yeah, but sometimes he likes to sneak out come visit me from time to time. If he keeps doing it late at night, I worry something bad may happen to him."

Mettaton is a robot who likes to strut his stuff. People often say that he acts girly...a bit too girly... He is the most popular robot in the monster world. Without him, the undergrounds would be...well...boring, so as Alphys says.

"Could you tell that tall skeleton that Undyne wants him to come on over for another cooking lesson, too?"

The first time Papyrus was supposed to have a cooking lesson with Undyne, she threw a harpoon at me. The monsters down here act strange, but they do mean well.

"Sure! I'll be sure to tell him that. Talk to you later, Blooky." I said as I stopped the conversation and placed the phone back on my table.

I walked downstairs to see that Papyrus was cleaning the house up, arguing at Sans at not helping while at it.

Sans was sitting on the couch eyeing me sideways, but I ignored him. I just hope he doesn't act like this tomorrow.

"Papyrus, Napstablook called and wanted me to tell you that Undyne wants to have another cooking lesson with you. Also, Mettaton's coming over tomorrow to help Blooky out with something-"

"That guy? I can't stand him! I'm staying here tomorrow." Sans interrupted.

"NO YOU'RE NOT. TORIEL'S GOING OUT TO SHOP FOR FRISK'S BIRTHDAY. YOU'RE COMING WITH US."

"No matter what you tell me, or what news comes up, I'm not changing my mind. I'm not going!" Sans said urgently.
___________________

The next night

"You owe me big time for this, Paps..." Sans muttered as he folded his arms.

"YOU'LL THANK ME LATER."

Sans, Papyrus, and I all decided to walk to Undyne's house today. Toriel was out buying more Halloween candy and birthday decorations as well.

As Papyrus stepped up to the door getting ready to knock on it, we all could hear a loud feminine scream on the inside of the house.