Chapter 4

"You're that girl? That ugly duckling becomes a swan huh?" He said in a cold tone.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Unbelievable!"

"Why? Because you're interested in me?" I smiled but he knew that I was being sarcastic.

"No, why would I? Girls like you won't worth my time."

"Karma is a bitch, you'll see." I texted my dad that I have something important to do. I got up and walked out from the restaurant. I grabbed a cab and went straight to the bookstore.

I texted my friend if they're down to see me and they told me to wait there. The truth is that my friends actually come from a middle class family. They're not that wealthy but they're enough. I love being around them and they always support me in everything, as long as it's positive.

"Jenny." I pouted as she hugged me.

"You look so pretty! I mean I already saw your pictures." She said and that made me look at her confuse.

"There's news all over the internet about you. They took a photo of you earlier getting out from the car." Oh.

"Hey!" Bella squealed. She looked at me from head to toe.

"I almost didn't recognize you, you look so stunning." Bella said and I chuckled.

"Thank you."

"Tell me what happened? I thought you're spending time with your dad?" Jenny asked and I nodded.

"I was, but Alexander decided to come into the picture. My dad was having lunch with them and he introduced me to Alex and his dad. He didn't recognize me at first." I said and they both looked invested making me want to laugh.

"Alexander Nielle? That Alex?" Bella asked.

"Yeah, we met again and apparently our parents want him to teach me about business." I said and my phone rang. It's my dad.

"Ev, where are you?"

"I'm at the bookstore, my friend needed my help." I lied.

"Oh.. I asked Alex where you go and he told me that you just went off. I'm glad to hear that you're okay."

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me." I sighed.

"Tomorrow Alex will pick you up." I turned to my friends in horror. I put it on speaker for them to hear.

"What for? I don't need Alex to pick me up." I said.

"Learn about the company."

"Just tell Alex that I can meet him there." My friends smirked hearing his name and I gestured them to shut up.

"Okay then." With that he ended the call.

"What's with him?" Bella asked.

"I told my dad I want to learn about the company and I was hoping I would learn it from Evan but.. he told me that Evan will be busy since he will take over the company."

"That's great!" Jenny said.

"Great? What do you mean?!" I looked at her disbelief.

"You're beautiful and he's handsome. So.."

"No.. no!" Suddenly Jenny pointed something and I turned to see the person who guided me to the restaurant earlier.

"Ms. Holder, your dad asked me to bring you back home. We'll pick up your brother too." He said and I nodded.

"Wow."

"Ugh.." I protesed.

"Go." Jenny said.

"Let's have lunch tomorrow at my dad's restaurant before going here." Bella suggested.

"How about Jason?"

"He's busy these days so.. I'll hang out with you two." Bella smirked.

"See you tomorrow." I followed the bodyguard and everyone was looking at me. Some of them even took pictures. My phone rang and it's my dad again.

"You're with Carter?"

"Yes."

"Okay great, you'll pick up your brother too and we'll have dinner together." He said.

"Okay." He ended the call and I got into the car. I checked the news and I never thought my face would be everywhere.

Evelyn and Evan Holder.

I mean.. I never thought my life would change in a blink of an eye. I'm still not used to but Evan seems to enjoying it. I'm glad he did because he has been working so hard for me.

We picked up my brother and he told me about what he learn today. He's excited to take over because he loves it. They drove us to a dancy restaurant and we got off the car.

"I heard you ran off earlier." I turned to Evan.

"Ran off? Did dad say that?"

"Kinda, he went panic a little bit. What happened?"

"It's just Bella needs me." Sorry Bella.

"Oh.. here I thought you hate Alex."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know.. dad said it too. If you're uncomfortable, just say so.. I bet he won't mind." He said and he gestured me to go into the restaurant first.

"Hello kids, excited to have dinner?" Dad said.

"I'm starving." I said.

"It's because you didn't eat lunch and ran off." Dad said but he's joking.

"I know, sorry."

"I'm going for steak." Evan said.

"Nice choice, how about you?"

"I'll order the same thing."

"They have really good desserts here, you should check it out." Dad pointed behind me and I turned to see they have a display full of cakes. My dad stood up and led me there. He told me to pick anything and I chose two cakes for later.

"Thank you." I said and my dad smiled.

"Glad that I can make you happy." He said as we sat back on our seat.

"Do you guys have anything that you want?" He asked to the both of us and I shook my head. I don't have anything I want.

"A car.." Evan said.

"Okay, we can buy one tomorrow."

"Thank you." My phone vibrated and I took it out from bag.

See you tomorrow ugly duckling

Alexander