Chapter 5

I told my dad that I still want to work at the bookstore and he let me. I love that job too much. Now I'm currently working with Jenny and Bella, we laughed because Jenny just shared her funny story.

After I worked, Sasha picked me up. She told me that I need to dress up but I told her that I don't need to.

"You have a great body, all clothes will fit you like a glove. I'm jealous." She said as she helped zipping my dress. She gave me an office attire black dress and I don't want to complain because it's beautiful. She curled my hair and tied the upper half of my hair. She put make up on me.

"The red lipstick will make you stand out today." She said and then she helped me wear my highheels.

After that, she led me to the car and went straight to his office. I got into the building and everyone smiled at me politely.

"12th floor, please." I said to Carter. I walked out from the lift and I can say the office is so neat. I knocked on his door and opened it.

"Evelyn, hello." Roy greeted and gestured me to come in. I walked inside and Alex was already looking at me.

"Morning."

"Good morning." Roy said to me, then he turned to Alex. "Alex, you're going to help her." He pointed at him.

"Don't worry, dad."

"Evelyn, I have to go. I'll leave you Alex, tell me if he's annoying, okay?" Roy said.

"Okay, thank you." I said and with that he left his office.

"Hello ugly duckling." I turned to Alex and sighed.

"Just tell me what I need to learn." I said to him coldly.

"Easy.. don't need to rush." He gestured me to sit on the chair in front of his desk. He gave me a file and I opened it.

"For a company like us, you have to learn about it inside and out. You need to learn about how many people workk for you and their speciality so you can use them to help you." He said as he pointed at the first two pages.

Suddenly the door bursted open and I turned to see a young girl walking in.

"Alex! What- oh?" She looked at me confused.

"Ariana, what are you doing here?"

"Is she your girlfriend?" I looked at her shaking my head.

"No, she's not." Alex said.

"Hello." I smiled at her.

"Hi." She walked towards me slowly.

"I'm Ariana, Alex's sister." She's indeed his sister, I can see the resemblance.

"I'm Evelyn. Nice to meet you."

"You're so pretty, are you sure you're not Alex's girlfriend? He likes pretty girls." She said bluntly and I chuckled. Alex looked at her annoyed and she zipped her mouth making me laugh.

"Continue." I said to Alex and Ariana sat on the chair beside me. Alex started to explaining more on how company works and how to manage it from inside. While he's explaining, Ariana kept holding my hand. I took notes on the things he said that are important.

"Why are you looking at her like that?" Ariana said and I turned to her confused.

"What?" Alex hissed and I turned to him.

"Are you done yet?" Ariana asked.

"Ari, I'm in the-"

"How about we take a break? You've been talking for 3 hours and she's been waiting patiently." I said and Alex nodded.

"Do you like bubble tea?" Ariana asked.

"Yes, I like it. How about you?"

"I like it too. How about we go buy some? Me and you." Ariana said and I chuckled.

"I'll go with you, sunshine." Alex said.

"No."

"I'll go with you." Alex said and eyed her.

"Fine. Come on!"

"I'll just go with her, you don't need to worry." I said and Alex shook his head.

"I'll buy you one, we'll just go to the shop beside this building." Ariana said and Alex sighed.

"Go." We both walked out from his office and went down. We walked hand in hand to the boba shop right beside his office.

"What flavours do you like?" Ariana asked.

"I like the matcha one, how about you?"

"I like the chocolate one." She pointed at the picture. I ordered it for her and she told me Alex likes the original one. How plain Alexander, how plain.

After we got our drinks, I tried it and it's good. Ariana even danced because she likes it so much.

"Can I try yours?" She asked.

"Of course." I said and she sipped mine.

"Oh! It's good, I want to get this next time." She said.

"Should we go?" I asked and she nodded. We walked out from the boba shop and there's 3 people who I assumed from the news outlet walked towards me with a camera on them.

"Evelyn Holder, are you dating Alexander Nielle?"

"Where were you all this time?"

"We saw you having lunch with The Nielle's? Are you guys in a relationship?"

We walked past them and got into the building. We went up and Alexander was already glaring at me. He asked his assistant to take Ariana away for a moment.

"What?" I asked.

"There's paparazzi huh?" He asked and I nodded.

"This is why.. you should have waited for me!" He hissed.

"What's wrong with going with her? You don't trust me?" I bursted.

"I don't trust you and the media. I've been trying so hard not to expose Ariana out there and.. I bet in a few minutes, your picture with her will be up."

"Alex, you should have warned me. I'm new to this and I don't even want them to follow me." I glared at him and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Alex!" The door bursted open and Ariana was glaring at him.

"You're scaring her away! I like her!" Ariana said as she walked towards me.

"Ari, you don't understand."

"I hate you, you know I don't have friends. If you make her go away, I won't talk to you!" Ariana threatened her older brother.

"Ariana.. you-"

"Can I have your number? Can I spend more time with you?"

"Of course, you can." I smiled and she hugged me. I turned to Alex and smirked.

"Asshole." I mouthed.