Does your story qualify? Find Out Here!

Hello everyone!

Let me start off by just saying that I'm completely overwhelmed by the response this campaign is recieveing - it's been a little over two months since I started this movement and today, because of your love and support, we have more than 4.30k followers! I feel like we've come so far off as a team and I'd just like to take a moment here and thank you for that.

Moving on, many wonderful people on this website have followed this account and have written stories to support this campaign and while that is absolutely enthralling, I think a problem arises when people start misinterpeting what the campaign really is about and write a story based on their misconception. So to help you folks out, I thought I'd compile a list of things that fit the criterion of the movement for better understanding.

▬ ▬ ▬

BREAKING STEREOTYPES;
A LIST OF THINGS THAT FIT THE CRITERIA

Stereotypes related to Race

The Stereotype; Arabs are terrorists / African Americans are good at basketball / Asians are geniuses and know kung fu.

Breaking it; A person stands up for the community / person of that community against someone (say, school system) to defend them and sparks about a change in the views of people, spreading awareness.

Stereotypes related to Gender

The Stereotype; Men are strong and do all the work / Girls can't be good at sports / Real Men don't cry / Women can't be as smart as Men.

Breaking it; A person does the opposite, proving that gender norms not define or bound them and that everyone is unique in their own way and is just as complex.

Stereotypes related to Culture

The Stereotype; White Americans are lazy, obese and dim-witted (a perfect example is of the tv series The Simpsons) / All Jews are greedy / Italian or French people are the best lovers.

Breaking it; A person breaks a stereotype prejudiced to their culture or defends another individual belonging to the culture by various means and hence, spreads awareness in the society.

Stereotypes about Groups of Individuals

The Stereotype; Goths wear black clothes & makeup, are depressed and hate the society / Blondes are unintelligent / Politicians are corrupt and think only about their personal gain and benefits.

Breaking it; A person opposes the stereotype and breaks it by doing the opposite, speaking out as / for a person associated with the group of individuals and hence, spreading awareness.

Stereotypes related to Sexuality