introduction

redemption. | kai parker • au

okay, so here's a little bio of both the main characters within the story and don't worry, as this is just an introduction i didn't really bother about proper grammar like capital letters but when i start making updates i'll pay more attention to it.

also just a little background info about the story and when/where it takes place. the story's set in portland, oregon (kai's hometown) and takes place after he killed his family but instead of the year being 1994, its just the present day. kai and jo are not 22, they are 18. luke and liv are not in this story and kai and jo do not merge. obviously since this is an au (alternate universe) this story will not follow kai's story exactly as it did in the vampire diaries but there will be some similar parts. i do not own anything other than my ideas and the character claudia stanford.

kai

kai parker is a young witch, who is 18 years old, from portland, oregon. his father had cloaked their house in the middle of a field in a forest, so no body ever knew that a family was living there, which made not only kai but the rest of the kids to feel isolated and lonely. he murdered his family but disposed of the bodies in the woods so no one would find them therefore the police and media have no idea about what happened. his only surviving relatives are jo, his twin sister, and his parents, who neither jo or kai have contact with. jo now lives in mystic falls, virginia. kai has no contact with her. they were a quiet family that prioritised the well-being of the coven and homeschooled they're children which is why no one bothered looking for the bodies. kai threatened to kill jo too if she told anyone about what happened.

claudia

claudia stanford is a top performing student at her high school, mountain ridge high school. her mother is a single parent as her father left early on during the pregnancy. claudia is also aged 18 in the story. she has no older or younger siblings and has a good relationship with her mother. claudia doesn't have many close friends at school, not because she's awkward or shy but because she prioritises her family and school work above all else. however she is not the nerdy type. claudia gets along with almost everyone in school but never really thought about the idea of having best friends. she's quite outgoing but prefers to be by herself.

i hope you guys like this story idk i just had the idea for it and desperately wanted to write it. also this is my first time writing something like this so i hope it goes okay. also with christmas break coming up soon i plan on posting regularly and if i'm not posting, i'm most likely writing but i'll keep you guys updated on how its going.

i'm pretty sure thats everything and i hope to have the first chapter up within a few days. so let me know what you guys think so far :)

UPDATE: hiii hello long time no see. so i realise it says 'christmas break' and stuff there but that is because i wrote this book aaages ago and didn't like it so i deleted it. however i want to re-publish it and who knows i could continue writing it as people seemed to really enjoy it!!