01 - Room 302

Dean Winchester

Sam and I had little to no idea as to why Cas had called us over to some random hospital in the middle of Texas. We had just been hanging around the bunker, trying to scout ourselves out a new case when Sam's phone rang. He only told us that it was very important. Not whatever or whoever it was. God, I swear that Angel is so far up our asses we would literally drop the entire world if he asked us to.

We stepped into a very white, sterile looking hospital. It looked quite familiar although I couldn't quite put my finger on why. Sam and I walked up to the front desks where we presented the counter staff with our fake FBI agents badges. But of course, like every other person we've ever met they believed them to be real. Idiots.

"Oh! There's another agent here just right now! Is he yours?" The fat middle aged woman asked the pair of us.

"Oh yes. That would be our associate." Sam spoke to the woman with that horribly cute smile he always wore when talking to someone in a polite manner. The fat woman nodded her head so fast I thought it might fall off and onto the desk.

"Do you happen to know which room he went into?"

"Yes, sir. It was room 302."

"Alright, thanks." We both gave the woman a small nod before walking past the nursing station and towards whatever room 302 had for us.

We walked past countless hospital rooms filled with patiences and their sad families. Everyone here looked physically and emotionally drained. Even more than what was normal for a hospital. Even the doctors and nurses were sad and worn out. It was like there was something bigger in this whole picture. And Sam and I just hadn't noticed it yet.

"Room 302." Sam stated as we came to stand outside the room. I hesitated for a second before opening the door for the both of us to enter.

When we entered into the room, we were greeted by Cas standing with a deep frown cast across his face. We both moved farther into the room and I shut the door behind Sammy and I. As we stepped closer to the bed the flawless features of the young woman in it became more profound to the pair of us.

"Who is she?" Sam asked, moving around the bed to check the clipboard with the patients details.

I couldn't quite place my finger on it but I felt as if I've seen this girl before. The way her dark hair framed her quite square shaped face seemed very familiar. And almost felt like home.

"Her name is Sara." Cas spoke bluntly, as usual.

"Sara Singer?" Sam questioned, raising his eyebrow at me. Singer. No way!

"Singer. As in Bobby Singer." Sam and I exchanged hopeful smiles before looking at Cas for an answer.

"Unfortunately. Yes. She does carry some relation to your friend, Bobby."

"What do you mean? Unfortunately? What's wrong with her?" Sam began throwing question after question at the poor angel. But I couldn't blame him. I was on edge too about this girl. First she seems familiar now we find out she's related to Bobby.

"She isn't exactly a blood relative of Bobby's."

"Well he always said family don't end in blood." Sam and I shared yet another exchange of smiles. We were both part of that phrase. Not having been related to the old man but still very much being a part of his family.

"Yes. But she's dangerous. Or at least could be."

"What?! How? She freaking lying on a hospital bed she's hardly in the shape to kill anyone."

"Yeah, it says here that she's been in a self-induced coma for about fifteen years."

Cas let out a sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Didn't you notice the effect she's having on this very hospital? Everyone in it is slowly dying."

"Cas," I spoke moving around to place my hand on his shoulder. "Hospitals are full of dying people and I'm sure as hell one girl isn't going to be putting anyone in any greater danger than they are already in."

"She's a lot more powerful than you two are making her out to be."

"How is that even possible?" Sam said, putting the clipboard back where it belonged.

"Yeah how can some chick be a danger to people." I added, gesturing to the limp, lifeless soul in front of us all.

"She isn't some 'chick' Dean. She's an archangel."

_______________________

I decided to write this story because of the drastic lack of good Supernatural fanfiction out there on wattpad. So please enjoy.

This story my contain some explicit and pretty mature references. I will place a warning before any chapters of any such thing is to occur. So please be warned.

Also I love reading people's comments and would honestly encourage anyone to do so, and I will try to reply to most of them so please don't hesitate to let me know what you think of the story.

- Caitlin x