02 - Escape

Sam Winchester

Another angel was exactly what Dean and I needed right now. Especially a freaking archangel of all things. With Cas being the only exception, all of the angels we had encountered were complete dicks. I certainly don't want to have to deal with another one of them.

"Why would Bobby even associate with an archangel?" Dean whisper-shouted at me when Cas stepped out of the room to go check on the rest of the hospital.

"I don't freaking know, Dean!" I yelled at him. From both of our faces, I could tell that we both had no idea what to think about this girl-Angel thing in front of us.

"Well, what do we know about her?" Dean asked gesturing at the clipboard.

I yanked the clipboard back off the back of her hospital bed and tried to find anything on her that could be slightly helpful.

"Her name is Sara Singer. No living relatives besides Mr Robert Singer, Bobby- clearly they don't know that he's long gone. She's - wait. It says here that her date of birth is the 1st of February, 1974."

"What? How is that even possible?!" Dean snatched the clipboard harshly from my hands for his own examination. As if I'd missed something. Rude.

I rolled my eyes and walked around the bed to get another look at Sara's lifeless body. I watched the numerous lines move across the screens of the machines keeping her alive. It was a miracle that she had even lasted this long in her condition. Especially considering the crappy hospital she was in and has been in for fifteen years. I felt bad for the poor thing. Angel or not, she still could be a lot better than this.

"Well she's an archangel. So maybe she's like able to keep her vessel immortal until she's done. I mean aren't archangels just like hyped up versions of regular angels?" He said as he put the clipboard back, clearly dissatisfied with what was written on it.

"Yeah. I suppose that would be the case. But if she's almighty and powerful, why is she in a coma?"

Dean didn't respond and instead moved around and sat on the bed next to Sara. He ran his hand lightly across her face, gently running his fingertips over her defined jaw, nose and lastly he gently touch each of her eyelids before bringing his hand back to rest on top of her clenched hands. He looked at her with quite a funny expression on his face. I've never seen Dean look so softly at someone like the way he was now.

"Does she look familiar to you, Sammy?" Dean looked up at me, sifting over a little on the bed but still keeping his hand firmly holding onto hers. I searched her olive toned face for any traces of a memory at all. But unfortunately there were none to be found. I shook my head at Dean. I didn't know her at all.

"Why? Do you find her familiar?"

"Yeah. I don't know where from. It's just that I feel that I know her from somewhere. I just can't really place my finger on it though. It's crazy." He lightly laughed and shook his head.

I was about to attempt to place some comfort onto my brother when Cas came storming back into the room.

"It's getting worse out there." He spoke in a rush.

"How do you mean?" I asked as Dean was still too busy checking out Sara to even bother mustering up a response.

"They're all dying, Sam! We have to get her out of here!" He pushed Dean's hand away and pulled her left arm around so he could gain access to the inside of her forearm.

"Woah. What the hell are you doing, man?!" Dean yelled at Cas as the Angel yanked all of the cords out of her arm. Her life support machines began to go nuts. With every light and alarm filling up the small hospital room.

"Smart one, Cas. What are we going to do now?"

"Yeah! She's going to freakin die!" Dean frantically tried to put the cords back into her arm but continued to fail.

"She isn't going to die. We need to get her out of here and somewhere safer." Cas spoke as he moved the cords away from her again and yanked the sheets away from her lifeless body.

"See she's fine." He gestured to her chest which was, quite miraculously, rising and falling at a normal pace.

We all snapped our heads as we heard the sound of people running back and forth outside. Clearly she being here was suddenly causing a world of chaos to erupt.

"Oh for gods sake! Let's just hurry up and get out of here before someone finds out that she's breathing without support." Dean rushed as he lifted the girl up and off the bed effortlessly.

"Alright. Let's go!" Cas pulled open the door and held it open as Dean and Sara went through. I was about to follow them when something silver caught my eye. I walked towards the table next to the bed and saw that just a single thing lay upon its white, sterile surface. I quickly looked back at the door to only see that Cas had left me to go help Dean with Sara. I heard the sounds outside become more defined as I saw a group of surgeons and nurses running past the door. It wouldn't be long before they came into check up on Sara.

I quickly plucked the small silver ring off the table and shoved it deep into the pocket of my slacks. I checked around the room one last time before leaving the room for good.

I ran and shoved my way through the terrible crowded hallways, trying my best to follow all signs directing me towards an exit. I silently prayed that Dean and Cas had gotten Sara out of the hospital without too much trouble. I continued to shove my way through patients, families and doctors until I saw the two glass doors bringing with them my escape.