Meetup: The Trilogy

I stepped on the mat in front of Jack's apartment, more nervous then ever. He's going to kill me when he finds out I basically broke Alex's nose in two.

Of course, at the moment, I was too pissed to actually think about the consequences of this. For starters, somehow the principal found out about Alex's nose, and I got sent home early and I'm suspended for a week. On top of that, I'm getting a whole lot of shit, because everyone thinks that I punched him for no reason. Having everyone know him as this nice and innocent guy doesn't help that rumor, either. I guess I'll just have to explain this to Jack somehow.

Jack opened the door, his expression looking happy at first, then dimmed down as soon as he saw me.

"Oh, it's just you. Come on in." I walked in, and I could tell that he was obviously binging while watching soppy movies. Why? I have no clue. Anyways, he sat on the couch, and I followed him.

"Wait...it's only 1pm. Are you skipping class or something?" Jack looked concerned, which honestly made me smile a bit.

"Uh," I chuckled, "I got sent home early." I tried to keep a solemn look so Jack wouldn't suspect anything, but he obviously caught on.

"Zack, what did you do?" Jack spoke in a pissed voice.

"Do I really have to tell you? I mean, punching your best friend's boyfriend isn't even something serious."

"YOU WHAT?!" Jack hopped out of that chair, just to show how pissed off he is.

"Heh...whoops?" I pulled a sarcastic look and chuckled. The look on his face didn't look like it was meant for humor.

"Jesus Christ, Zack. I can't have you at school alone with Alex for one day without someone getting hurt. Is he okay?" Jack looked extremely stressed, pacing around the room.

"Jack, hear me out! The guy admitted he was basically spying on you this entire time and I couldn't hold my anger in. He also admitted to fucking with your emotions just to separate us."

Jack rolled his eyes at me. "What?! How do you expect me to believe you after all of the shit you've done beforehand?"

"Jack! The kid is way too overprotective over you and he's trying to ruin our friendship. Why on earth would I lie about something like that? Give me one reasonable reason."

"Because you don't like me and Alex together; you even admitted it yesterday. You'd do anything to separate us." Jack folded his arms together, meanwhile I'm trying to comprehend how Jack thinks I'd actually do that. I mean, yeah, I have said and maybe even dome some harmful things to Alex, but I wouldn't dare hurt Jack.

"I said I didn't like you guys, because I didn't trust him. Jack, he locked me in one of those old rooms at the back of the school. He knew that I didn't like you guys together. Heck, he admitted that he freaking spies on you. He's messing with your mind, having you think he's the perfect boyfriend, when in reality he should be in a fucking insane asylum. You knew I wouldn't ever lie to you, so I don't knew why on earth you're all of a sudden saying that I'm lying." I took a breather.

At this point, I was shocked at how Jack really did let Alex fuck up his mind. I was surprised, yet devastated. How am I going to win Jack over now? Jack had a soppy look on his face, like he was in deep thought.

"How do you think Alex always know when you're sad, or when you go through stuff? It's not because he's your boyfriend and he should know everything, it's because he fucking spies on you. You claim he's the only one that knows what you go though instead of me, right? Well of course he'd know if he's the mastermind behind your emotions. Remember yesterday when we were talking? Alex was spying on you and heard everything. Why do you think he showed up right after I left?"

I paused, and noticed a tear in Jack's eye. As much as I wanted to stop, I kept going.

"He's always around you, so you wouldn't even think abut talking to me. He wants us to ignore each other so he can have you all to himself. I don't know if that's cool with you or not, but I wouldn't date someone who would try to separate me and best friend, someone I knew ten times as long as I would ever known them." I sighed. "Plus, Jack...he's-"

"Don't you say it." I heard Jack whisper while silent sobs and tears came from his face.

"He has a girlfriend."

Jack closed his eyes, and bowed his head. Honestly, I've never seen his in such a bad state. I got up and instantly hugged him. He sobbed on my shoulder.

"Zack, I'm so s-sorry-y." His voice was croaking from crying.

"It's okay Jack." I hugged him even tighter. Honestly, Alex better be lucky that I'm suspended for a week because if I wasn't, he'd be dead by Wednesday.

"He tricked m-me...h-he lied to me..." Jack couldn't even finish his sentences. He kept crying, and I kept hugging him.

"Zack," he lifted his head. "I'm sor-ry. About...everything. I really didn't mean to put you through all of this." The tears were still flowing from his face. It was honestly a heartbreaking scene to see, especially if the person was your best friend. I smiled at him.

"It's okay. All I ask is that you let me be there for you, okay?" I let go of him, and held onto his shoulders. In return, he looked straight into my eyes and smiled a bit.

One thing I always like about Jack is how his eyes always seem to glow. Wether it's because he's happy, sad, or even simple talking about something. His brown eyes always got to me, and staring into them made me fall for him even more.

Jack smiled and nodded, and I looked straight down at his lips. I was so tempted to kiss him, but I had to restrain myself--or at least I thought. Jack leaned into me, our lips being a millimeter away from each other. I moved my hands from his shoulders down to his waist, and leaned in so our lips could successfully touch.

-

OH GOD I DIDN'T WRITE THIS SO WELL BUT SOMEONE HOLD ME BC IM CRYING

But finally some actual merrikat action lmao

FYI: this story is officially halfway finished. Like ten more chapters, and that's it.

The next chapter is going to have both Jack and Zack's pov in it, just a psa.

stay festively sweg

~Mia