Chapter 2: Allies

Chapter 2: Allies

Lydia's POV:

I watched Aiden jump off the tree and I rolled my eyes. There's Aiden for you. Have to be soooo dramatic. Like! I can do better than that.

I flicked my wrist and the light around us disappeared as if someone has shut off the sun. The only light was Aiden's giant bursts of... whatever his magic is. Black Magic? Maybe? Whatever.

I grew my wings again and stood up. Then I lifted my hands and lightning crashed around the circle of people and I heard someone scream. I smiled. Babies.

I snapped my fingers softly and a beautiful energy sword in my right hand appeared and in my left hand was a equal awesome ice sword. I soared off the trees and shot the light back into the world.

I heard someone scream, "AH! MY EYES!" Then I dropped my wings and flew straight onto someone's head with my ice blade pointed down. You can guess what happened.

I pulled my sword out of his bleeding skull and groaned. "Gross." Then I spun around and chopped someone's head off. Perfectly if I do say so myself. 

I turned and stabbed someone in the heart. I pulled my sword out and was patting myself on the back in my mind when I heard Aiden scream, "Lydia! Watch out!" 

I turn just in time to see someone charging at me. I stab him in the eye and then in the heart but not before he got a cut on my shoulder with a very rusty dirty blade. 

"Ow!" I hissed between my teeth. I could almost feel the infection coming but I had other things on my  mind.

I slashed and cut and stabbed and killed until everyone was dead. My swords disappeared and I fell to my knees.

"Lydia! Are you alright?!" Aiden said as he ran up beside me. "Do I look like I'm alright?" And then I made the most ugliest face at him. Aiden sighed. "Why do you have to turn everything into a joke?"

I shrugged and fell on my back. "I'm tired... good night now." Aiden kicked me in the side no longer caring that I was hurt.

"We still need to help Bryce idiot." He growled then helped me up. I stood up and brushed myself off. "Fine fine lead me to him." I said like I was talking to a servant.

Aiden looked at me. "He's right there." Then pointed to a guy that was tied up like 3 feet in front of me. "I knew that." I said and then keeled down to help him out of the ropes. 

When the gag and everything was off the guy stood up. "My god that was the weirdest thing that just happened. What just happened Aiden?" The guy said before staring at Aiden for a second.

"Um... well..." Aiden stammered. "It's kind of hard to explain."

"Buuuuut, we'll explain on the way. We're in a hurry to get to the Ice Palace so we can see my mom." Bryce looked at me. "I saw that place when I was wandering around but it was so cold I couldn't go near it. Does your mom work there or something?"

"No." I said while walking in the direction of the palace. "My mother is the Ice Queen. My father is a mortal in your world... our world. I am the Ice Princess. Do you have any powers?"

"Powers!?" 

I sighed. "Your friend here has some weird magic that blows people up with purple stuff and my powers are...Ice, Lightning, Pure Energy, Shadows, Light, and last but not least-" I flipped my hair and was about to say "my amazingness" but Aiden said before me:

"And the power of never shutting up about herself. But it's more like a curse than a power." I glared at him and he stuck his tongue out. "Dude... you're acting like a 5 year old. Stop."

After a long time of walking we finally got to the Ice Palace. It stood tall and proud just like I remembered it. 

"It might get a little windy but I think the wind will let us through because I'm her daughter." Bryce looked confused. "Why would wind not allow us to pass?" He laughed nervously.

"Aiden where are we?" He said poking Aiden in the head.

"Stop! And it's kind of hard to say-" 

"We're in a magical realm that only magical people can come through so you're magical." Yep... that cleared things up a little. 

We were still walking and I was starting to wonder why the wind was picking up. It just felt like old winter wind like they had in the human world.

It felt... sick and old.

"Somethings wrong with Mother! We have to go quickly!"

I sprinted towards the castle with Bryce and Aiden chasing after me as fast as they could. 

Kaleb's POV:

One minute I was fighting that black haired girl Kendall and then the next I woke up on a bed with Viviana, my sister, staring at me.

"You're awake!" She said when I opened my eyes. She attacked me in a hug but I pushed her away. "How did I get here? Where is Lydia and Aiden? How did you get here? What is going on?!"

"Calm down Brother Dear. You're safe at home. You better get ready fast. Dinner is starting." She handed me fresh clothes and then helped me up. 

"Um... how did I get here?" I asked again. Viviana just chuckled. "You don't need the details but Lydia is gone for good and so is that little idgit too. All you need to focus on now is getting ready for dinner. Wouldn't want your fiance seeing you like this!"

She pushed me towards  the bathroom but I turned around. "Fiance?" She looked at me. "You don't remember? You proposed to Jordan without anyone forcing you! You're getting married this week in 4 days." She said while putting up 4 of her fingers.

"Fiance?" I repeated again. Viviana looked nervous for a second then she smiled. "You silly goose. I hope Jordan doesn't find out you remember or it's another night in the dungeon for you!"

She pushed me into the bathroom and slammed the door. "Another night in the dungeon?" I looked in the mirror and saw scratches and bruises and deep bloody cuts. 

"What happened?" I whispered out loud.