Chapter 13

"Oh my gosh! Draco! You took me to Paris?!" Hermione screamed and jumped around happily. Draco grinned at her, happy to see her smiling again.

"I thought you deserved vacation in the City of Love," Draco responded.

"I've always wanted to visit Paris. I cannot thank you enough, Draco! How did you pull this off anyhow?" the witch asked excitedly.

"The perks of being a Malfoy," he said coyly and winked at her jokingly just to make her laugh again. She hit him playfully and saw him rub his arm with a smirk.

"I called in some favors," came his honest answer. "Come, we have much to see in the tiny amount of time we have here.

"Wait," she said, confused. "How long are we staying?"

"Two, may three days. Unless you would like to stay longer, I can arrange for that."

"No, that's okay. I think three days is enough time to sight-see." She smiled brightly.

"Good to know." He spoke. That smile of hers is beautiful.

She noticed he was staring at her and giggled at him. He snapped out of it when he heard her shout, "Come on, Draco! Race you to the Eiffel Tower!" as she ran.

He stood there for a moment before chasing her.

Five minutes later, he made it to the tower but could not find Hermione anywhere. Draco started to panic.

He looked everywhere for her. He even asked the locals in the area if they had seen a young woman with long, curly brown hair in French.

One a man told him the girl he described had turned the corner up the block and heard a scream from the same direction. By the time the man got to the spot, no one was there. Draco thanked the man and left in a rush, discreetly taking his wand out once he was sure no one was around.

"Locus Hermione," Draco performed the location spell. His wand pointed in the direction where her magic was last felt.

Draco followed for several blocks, where he found the bow she wore in her hair. He picked it up and held it.

"I'll find you, Hermione. I promise." He said to himself.

He performed the spell one more time and closed his eyes, thinking of her.

"Locus Hermione," and with a pop, he apparated to where the magic took him to the last place she was last near.

He opened his eyes and saw his former magic school towering above him. His heart dropped.

Oh no.