Chapter 1

Hermione Granger thought she was a normal girl until she was sent a letter at age eleven. This latter stated she was a witch and accepted to attend Hogwarts wizarding school. Little did she know that by befriending the Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter, she and Ronald Weasley would rush into a world where Harry had to fight to the death against Voldemort. They dared not say the name of him, of You-Know-Who.

Year after year - as the teachers called them at the school, Golden Trio faced dangers and escaped death numerous times each year. With Hermione as the smarts of the group, they were able to meet anything together. Everything but dying together.

Harry and Ron fought long and hard against Voldemort. Ron could not stand watching his best mate fight alone, but he would not listen to Harry, and that mistake cost him his life. Molly Weasley did not think it would be possible to lose her youngest son in this great battle. Bellatrix died at her hands from trying to kill Ginny.

Harry was losing, and they both knew who was going to come out victorious. He held on to the last bit of strength and gave it his all, but Voldemort won. The Dark Lord was generous and spared Harry Potter his life, but only if Harry swore to serve him for the remainder of his days. Like he had any choice, it was either be subservient or else he would die. The Dark Lord declared it law that all Muggle-born witches and wizards served elite Pureblood families and certain Half-Blood families. They are treating them in the same way as house-elves, sometimes even worse.

Dolores Umbridge had her way with the Muggle-born Registry, so all the witches and wizards would be called off by their name. Hermione never thought it would be like this that she would have to serve a Pureblood family. Lined up in the Ministry of Magic, Umbridge was naming off a Pureblood family and calling out either a witch or wizard that would serve that family.

"Hermione Granger!"

She froze at the shout of her name. She was terrified of which family she is assigned. Slowly she walked to the stand where Umbridge was and looked up at the toad-like witch, confused.

"Sorry," Hermione said, barely above a whisper. "Could you repeat that? I thought you said I have to serve the Malfoys." She desperately hoped the witch was joking and it was a mistake.

"It was a request by the Dark Lord himself. You are to serve the Malfoys. No exceptions!"

Hermione wanted to cry because that was the last thing she wanted to hear. The Malfoys! Of course, Voldemort cannot have the Boy Who Lived and his best friend be together, or else something could go wrong for him, but right for us. Hermione thought disgustingly.

She then was led to a carriage that would take her to Malfoy Manor. After a few hours of waiting, she was greeted at the Manor by Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Draco was not present. Narcissa had an apologetic look on her face and wished this did not have to happen to such a young witch like Hermione. Lucius had no sense of emotion showing when she showed up.

Then Hermione heard footsteps coming down the hall. It was the boy she was teased and taunted by the entire seven years at school. Draco Malfoy. To her, he looked malnourished and drained. Hermione wished the Malfoys were not the family to which she was assigned.

Oh Harry, Ron, I wish you were both here to save me. She cried to herself. But at least I know he cannot touch me here.