The Labyrinth

This will be a kind of 'Sequeal' after the first movie, The Labyrinth with David Bowie and... yeah. 

I loved this movie since I was a kid and kind of always wanted to do this - so enjoy! ^.^

~ Caitlin 

I sat on the park bench, staring at the the pages of the little red book of mine as my mouth mutely read out loud as my heart thumped in my chest as I read the mesmerizing words on the old, tattered page.

The wind picked up and my brown hair, causing strands to loosen from the hair tie and start dancing to the invisible force, but it didn't distract me as much as it would if someone was poking me - everything and anything could never distract me as I read the words that have intoxicated me since the first time I read them when I was eleven.

It was the original book called Labyrinth, the red one that was used in the movie - well, I think it is, but I know for a fact that the one used in the movie was fake and was blank paged, but this one... I don't know how it came to be, but it was the real story, the one before Sarah - the one she 'read' from in the movie.

I love the movie, and the book that was based on the movie, but this one, the one that was bounded loosely at the bindings and was a faded and little dirty red cover was the one I loved. 

Where I had got it though - well, it's more like where did it fall onto my head and caused me to have an concussion. I was searching through a wardrobe my dad had in his room, we were about to move in with his new wife - Alison who was pregnant with my little brother - well, half brother I suppose, Mathew.

Dad had been called into work and I volunteered to pack some of things, and since I had never been in the wardrobe - let alone be allowed in it, I let my curiousness take over and I searched through the wardrobe of old toys, pictures and jewelry.

The thought of it being my mother's had gone flashed through my mind, and it was answered when I saw pictures of her and dad together when they were younger. I had started to climb the shelves, still looking and going through the belongings when the top shelf that I was holding onto gave way.

I had falling - the shelf had landed on the shelf below it (luckily) but the only thing on the shelf fell onto my head, the book.

And that's how i'm here now, with the red, tattered book as clouds started to pull together and become dark and the smell of rain in the air.

I heard something move and I looked up to see a Snowy White Owl perched on a tree branch, staring down at me. My eyes met it for a moment before I smiled and put the old red book down next to me and picked some of my Subway up from the seat next to me and slowly walked closer to the tree where it watched from.

"Hello little fella... i'm Violet, would you like some of my Subway?" I asked the Owl, pulling some of the bread with the innings off and held it up for the Owl to eat it - which was rather stupid, Owls mostly eat mice out here and things.

The Owl looked at the food in my hands and then at me and puffs his chest out, "Oh, it my food not good enough for you, my Majesty?" I pulled my hand back and stared up at the Owl, "Yes, I know your true identity" I laughed mockingly as I jumped onto an base of a tree that was cut down long ago.

"Goblin King, shall I ask why you are here? Or should I just leave before you decide to in prison us all in your little games?" 

"Violet, are you seriously talking to an Owl? What's next, you find pixies in the swimming pool?" I turned around to see Max staring at me with an amused look.

"For your information you chicken, I was just-" "Just what? Making yourself look crazy again for talking to an Owl? Don't you remember last time something like this happened?" Max groans.