Chapter Four: The Wall

I was so tired of running, of climbing and trying to get to the blasted castle that my brother was in.

Continuing to push my way through the dark-fantasy like forest, my stomach grumbles and I sighed - I really should have eaten dinner before I came here, shouldn't I?

I stopped at a tree and saw an red apple hanging off of it, making my mouth water - wait, should I?

The Goblin King had poisoned a peach - oh, and the Queen from Snow White had poisoned Snow with an apple... but I doubt the Goblin King would have seen or read Snow White.

Looking around I walked over to the tree trunk and tried to climb up it. Grabbing onto the trunk I slowly shuffled my way up and across the branch and grabbed onto the red apple.

"Okay..." I huffed, looking down at the ground I groaned and banged my forehead onto the branch I was holding onto, great, now how the heck do I get down?

"Umm..." suddenly I heard a crack and I dropped before the branch could take me down with me.

I hit the ground and rolled, before I noticed that the apple had disappeared, "Aww... damn" I frowned before I picked myself up and started looking around once, time to start heading back to the castle again.

Sighing I pushed my hair out of my face before I climbed onto a large bolder and looked around - spotting the castle instantly.

Woah, I'm not that far!

Grinning I jumped off of the boulder before I started to run for the castle, my heart trying to break out of my chest as I continued to stare at the top of the castle, run. Come on - run faster. You might lose Mathew if you don't!

Somehow I sped up, running the fastest I've ever run in my life time - maybe i'll sign up for the track team when I get home?

I ducked under a arch of tree's before I came out of the edge and found a large wall in front of me, "Oh come on!" I put my hands on my hips as I glared up at the wall before I moved forward and instantly started to find a secret door or something to the other side.

"Come on, come on!" 

Giving up I pushed away from the wall and bent down while I tugged at the ends of my hair, "For fuck sakes" I growled, glaring up at the wall before I dragged my hands down my face and put my chin in my hand and stared at the wall...

Could I climb it?

Tilting my head to the side I examined the crumbling wall curiously before I stood and walked towards it and put wiped my hand over the dusty wall, oh - interesting.

I looked up and saw more holes in the wall before I reached up and put my foot in a hole as I held onto a broken wall and soon enough, I started to climb up it.

Hands hurting from the fact I am basically using what little upper body I had. The stones cut into my hands as I tried to reach upwards again - but I couldn't find another hole.

"Shit" I looked up, trying to see another hole - and I did... one and a half arms lengths away.

"Okay, I can do this - I can do this"

Assuring myself I started to reach up for the hole that seemed to move higher and higher away from me, my hands started to get clammy and extremely sweaty and I felt the stone under my left hand start to shift - uh oh.

My eyes widened in shock and I felt everything I was either holding onto or standing on disappear underneath me and the air quickly started to whistle in my ears.

Then, I hit the ground.