Chapter 7

Hello :)  I'm sorry it's been ages since I uploaded, but I just got my wisdom teeth out and I've been really busy with boxing and my new job as a waitress, plus I had a little bit of writer's block.  So at long last, here's chapter seven! Enjoy!  It's not very long and I don't like it that much, so I'm hoping the next one will be better.

***************************************************************************************************************

The hallways after breakfast were total chaos.  Because there wasn't enough guards to walk everyone to their own classes, the guards all just lined up to block any exits and us find our own classes. 

In the frenzy, I'd forgotten that I had no idea what my schedule was.  Most of the procedures here had been explained to me, but nobody had mentioned where I was supposed to go for class.

  Yessica grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.  "Is it always this crazy?"  I asked her.  I had to yell to be heard above all the noise.

Since it was technically prison, I'd expected everything to be a bit more controlled, but it seemed as though the delinquents could simply overpower the guards at any given time.

Yessica gave me a sympathetic look and nodded.  "You get used to it."  She shouted back.  I tried not to let the doubt show on my face after that statement.  I opened my mouth to ask about classes, but Yessica answered my question for me.

"You're in Group C."  She announced, pointing at my shirt.  I looked down and saw that there was indeed a C stitched onto my front pocket.  I must have somehow missed it before.  I looked at Yessica's jumpsuit, and saw an A stitched on hers.  I felt a pang of disappointment as I realized we wouldn't be in the same class.

Seeing my discomfort, she playfully punched my shoulder.  "Don't worry, you're lucky. There's always fights and all sorts of exciting stuff going on in that class.  You get in on all the fun!"

That didn't exactly sound like my idea of fun, but I didn't tell Yessica that.  I'd much rather be in a class where I could just get my work done in silence, without worrying about the other delinquents.

My eyes searched the hallways for a clue of where I was supposed to go, and a door with a large C on it caught my attention.  Telling Yessica goodbye, I headed off in that direction.

School hallways are hardly a pleasant experience for anyone, but this was much worse.  At my old school, walking down the hallways was like trying to walk against a river current.  It was the same here, but I knew that these waters were full of sharks.

I got a lot of looks as I passed through the hallways.  Some were merely curious and looked harmless enough, but others looked as though they were already planning my murder.

Once again, I wondered what I could have possibly done to make anyone here dislike me.  I'd only talked to a couple of people so far, but a lot of the people already seemed to share Isis' feeling's about me.

I finally made it to the door.  As I walked in, my ears were still ringing from all the noise in the hallway.  Most of the people were already sitting down, and with a jolt I realized that I had no idea where to sit.

I had never been good at meeting new people.  In my old school, I'd been relatively well known, but I'd known my classmates since Elementary school.

None of the delinquents looked enthusiastic about sharing a seat next to me.  Every time I'd make eye contact with someone, they'd give me a weirded out glance and look away.  I could sort of see why.  The more I saw of this place, the more I realized that I truly didn't belong here.