Sick

Days after Jermaine told me he was a dying man, he wasn't lying. He was admitted to the hospital late last night. And I was absolutely petrified. I was so scared, that I had contracted the virus, and my baby was at risk, that I took a blood test. Thankfully, the test were negative, and that my pregnancy was not at risk.

It was early in the morning, and I went to see him. I brought Jocelyn along with me. Jermaine was sleeping when we arrived. Jocelyn just wanted to touch him. She was such a daddy's girl, at the age of 4, she'd do anything for him. "Why is daddy sleeping?" "Daddy's sick Jojo." (Another nickname I gave to Jocelyn)

I think the voice of Jocelyn had awoken Jermaine from his slumber. He opened his eyes and smiled. "My two favorite girls." He said. "How bad is it?" I asked. "They said it's pretty bad, and they're amazed that I'm still alive. "How long do you have?" I asked. "I don't know. Maybe three days. They said I've had it for a long time, but never took affect. They said you were blessed to not have contracted it." I shook my head knowing that I was quite lucky, and so was Jocelyn.

"Rosaria, I want you to do me a favor. I'm going to try to stick it out through the night, and tomorrow, I want you, Jocelyn, Bruno, Ariel and her husband here." "Why?" "Just do it Rosaria." "Okay." I shed a tear.