Lily, James, and Albus

Chapter 1

Midnight, November 1st 1981.

Godric's Hollow

Sirius Black had just escaped from his Order of the Phoenix duties in the early morning. He had promised his best friend, James, that he would swing by if he could. He knew that James and Lily were getting a bit stir crazy.

He apparated to the small village of Godric's Hollow. He immediately knew something was wrong. Lily and James Potter's house was in ruins. Sirius felt his breath quicken. 'He can't have gotten them.' he kept repeating to himself. 'Prongs is okay. Don't jump to conclusions.'

Sirius stepped one foot through the unhinged door. He tested the floor with his foot before stepping further into the house. He darted past the kitchen and up the stairs without looking around the room. He took the stairs two at a time. He was relieved and overjoyed to hear Lily's yelling coming from the master bedroom. Usually he wouldn't be very happy to see an angry Lily Evans-Potter, but after the scare of thinking she was dead, he would take anything right now.

"James Potter! You bloody idiot! What the bloody hell do you think you've done? I am going to kill you then make hermione or Al revive you so I can kill you again!" Lily's voice yelled. This was unlike her. Lily was never one to joke about death, especially during these dark times.

"You sound like mum." James' voice retorted. This again seemed out of character for the pair. James' mum was a sweet lady who would never hurt a soul. Sirius slowed his pace up the stairs and hugged the wall to stay hidden from the pair.

"Where's Al." Lily demanded. Who was this 'Al' person. Sirius had never heard his name before and the couple hadn't really had the chance to go out and meet new people.

"He went to the loo." James sighed "Really Lils, you could learn to ease up."

"I'm sorry I'm mad at you for ruining the house." Lily retorted sarcastically

"I'm sure we can fix it up fine." James pleaded

"Not without dad noticing." Lily growled

"It's not dad I'm worried about. Mum'll be a whole lot worse."

"Is that really the only thing you're worried about? You don't even know if the house is stable enough to leave this room." Lily snapped

Sirius had enough. He jumped up the last few steps and crouched by the door.

"If the house wasn't unstable right now, I would tell you to get the hell out." This was the last straw. Sirius burst into the room.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you two! You're fighting like you're not in the middle of a bloody war!" he exclaimed

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house?" Lily demanded.Sirius felt his heart drop.

"Wha- what do you mean Lils?" he stuttered "You know me."

"No I don't." she glared at the man "How do you know my name?"

"Prongs, tell her. You know me." Sirius pleaded

"I admit you look familiar..." James scrunched his face in thought "I can't place it though."

"Who are you." Lily demanded again

"S-Sirius Black." he whispered

James' jaw dropped. He tried to say something but nothing came out. His eyes flicked between Sirius and Lily. Lily bit her lip. She tried not to start yelling at James again. She failed.

"JAMES SIRIUS POTTER! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU DONE!?" she shrieked

"Oh, shut it Lily." James growled "We have to find Al."