Chapter 30

Lani

The next morning

I wake up wrapped in Abel's arms on the couch. I see we both crashed in our regular clothing. I was so gone last night I can barely remember things. Being drunk and high felt so good. I haven't felt that way in years. I may have told a little lie about not me not smoking... Well technically it isn't a lie because I've stopped smoking and I do hate the smell of it because it makes me want to smoke more.

I lean up to get out of Abel's grasp but he suddenly awakes. 

"Good morning baby girl." He says holding me with one arm rubbing his face with the other.

"Good morning Abel."

"Why so formal I'm your boyfriend, give me a nickname or something." he says rubbing my back slowly.

If he doesn't stop I'll be right back asleep in seconds.

"I call you stud muffin at times when I feel like you are one." I laugh running my fingers across his thin beard.

"That's a gay ass nickname." he laughs.

"You should google it before you speak."

"I will but first I still need answers about last nights."

I grin sitting up on Abel while he remains laying down. I know he wants to be nosy now.

"What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Just the basics you know the smoking, the dancing, the smoking." he repeats counting out on his fingers.

I laugh fixing my crooked septum in my nose.

"Alright, the dancing came from those drinks and the weed." I say "I told you I wanted to go out on the dance floor."

"Good thing you didn't because I'd probably have to kill a few niggas out there." he says with a straight face which scares me a bit.

"Moving on." I say changing that topic.

"I can smoke by watching videos on YouTube."

"That's a lie you smoked way to professional you have experience. Confess." Abel says thumping my arm repeatedly.

"Okay okay," I say rubbing my arm. That shit hurts.

"I started smoking when I first got to high school. I was stressed and always tensed up about something. So one day my friend Tray told me he had a solution for me. To make make a long story short, we smoked and I loved the feeling and everything about it, but eventually like my junior year I stopped because it was getting out of hand and I felt like a pot head or something so I quit."

"Your not as innocent as people think you are. Do you have anymore secrets you want to tell me?" Abel ask with a sly like smile on his lips.

"Nope." I say shaking my head.

"I found it attractive when you smoked at the club, I was shocked but impressed." he says.

"I bet you did," I smile "Too bad I'm never smoking again a day in my life."

"Never say never."

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes at him.

There's no way I'm letting old habits come back. The last thing on my mind is drugs I'm trying my best to be successful in life.

"You know what I've just thought about," Abel says placing his hands behind his head.

"What?" I ask looking at him.