Chapter 1 - Crocus

Hi, guys! So this is my first fairy tail fanfiction! I really hope you like it and yes, it will conatin an OC. If you don't like it stop reading. The characters however will stay the same as th are in Fairy Tail.

Chapter 1

Crocus

A young woman, around the age of nineteen, walked through the city of Crocus. The sky above her was pitch black, leaving the waning moon as her only source of light. Her plum coloured hair fluttered in the wind as she made her way through the wreckage. The magnitude of the destruction was much too violent and intense to have been the result of the Grand Magic War Game she had heard about. Rumours had been flying around Earthland that it had all been caused by dragons. Many had laughed it off; calling it stupid.

However, she had not been so quick to dismiss it, because despite being many thousands of miles away she had felt their power. She had come here to find out what had happened, because it had been no coincidence. Not when the date had been July 7th.

Her sharp senses cause the scent of the fearsome beasts. A frown curved her lips, there was something oddly similar about those scents. Closing her eyes, she breathed in, trying to remember. Jade, Adamantine, Flame–no, that couldn't be right. Those dragons had long since died. She continued on, searching for something that would give her an idea as to how their magic could possibly be here.

High levels of magic were still present in the air, though slightly faded they were quite easy to make out. Celestial Magic, the kind that could summon the twelve gates of the Zodiac. The kind that had summoned all twelve gates. Her eyes widened, could a single person have done this? It had been centuries since there had even been talk of someone that could be powerful.

Even more confused, she moved her focus to the other types of magic. There were many different ones, but only a few stood out to her. Dragon slayer magic was high in the air, clashing against the draconic essence, which in itself seemed to be clashing.

They had fought, she realised.

Man against man, dragon against dragon, man against dragon.

She was stopped from further thought by the sound of footsteps from behind her. "Have you found anything?" Turning around, the girl found herself looking at a girl a few years younger. Her curly brown hair was tied into a high ponytail and she held a little boy in her hands. The older girl bent down and scooped the sleeping boy into her arms.

"They were definitely here, Luna," the girl replied. "But their scent is faint, maybe a bit more than three weeks old. Four at most."

'Luna' nodded, watching her friends face as she stared at the ruined city. She could see that she was hiding something. "What's wrong?"

The girl tilted her head back, looking up at the moon. "The dragons, something about their scent and the feeling of their magic ... it feels ... I don't know, it's just wrong. And the scent of blood, it's so heavy, but none of it is theirs."

"Dragons, you mean there was more than one?" Luna asked.

"There were seven of them, but something is strange. Their scent and the feeling of their magic ... it feels ... I don't know, it's just wrong. And the blood, oh Luna there's so much blood, but none of it belongs to the dragons."

The girl turned and began walking, Luna following. She closed her eyes, slowing rocking the boy.

"What do you mean, Rinne? And didn't you say there were dragon slayers here; wouldn't they have Lunaged to do something?"