Chapter 2 - Disbanded

Chapter 2

Disbanded

"Flame brain!"

"Ice Princess!"

"Droopy E-"

Sting laughed as Erza appeared behind the two arguing mages, grabbing them by the hair and bringing their heads together. The two collapsed on the ground, groaning in pain. Erza dusted off her hands and walked back to her table, where Sting could see a piece of strawberry cake. It was rather odd that someone strong enough to have beaten Minerva could look so much like a child at the sight of cake.

But that was Fairy Tail. Strong, carefree and loyal.

He glanced down at the mark on his shoulder. The Fairy Tail guild mark. Sting had joined around a month ago, sometime after Sabertooth had disbanded. After Minerva and Jiemma disappeared, all the members had gathered to discuss the future of the guild. They had all agreed to start again, to learn the things Fairy Tail had taught them during the Grand Magic Games.

Looking around, Sting could see some of the other Sabers that had joined as well. His partner Rogue sat at a table talking with Gajeel. Orga, who was having a drinking contest with the guilds resident drunkard Cana. Rufus sat beside him along with Dobengal and a few other Fairy Tail members, shaking his head at the god slayer but still laughing.

Yukino was there too, sat beside Lucy and Levy. Sabertooth had made their peace with the two celestial mages before they had disbanded, so things were quite good between them all. Sting frowned as he thought of what had happened to the blonde mage. Minerva had disappeared after the Games and they hadn't heard from her since. He and Rogue (along with a few other mages) had tried to search for her, but she had left no clues as to where she could be.

It was just like-no, he wouldn't think about that.

"That's a dark look you've got on your face," he looked up to see Mirajane smiling at him. She passed him his drink. "What are you thinking about?"

He shook his head, "Just a few things."

Mira didn't question him any further. He lifted the glass, about to drink it when he felt something hit his head. Startled, he dropped the glass, causing it to fall and crack. He whirled around to find a chair on the floor. "Who threw that?!" he roared.

Not a second later, he saw Elfman flying towards him. Sting caught him by his face, glaring at where Natsu, Gray and some of the other members had started fighting again. Annoyed, Sting glared at Elfman, raising his arm and throwing him right back into the fight. He leapt up, jumping into the huddle and punching Natsu. The salamander was thrown back, "What the hell was that for?!" he yelled at Sting as he got up.

The blonde dragon slayer shrugged, "You started it."

"You looking for a fight, flashlight?" Natsu grinned darkly.

"So what if I am?" Sting smirked.

And all hell broke loose.

/\/\

Rinne had always hated the location of Sabertooth. The building had been built on the highest hill in the city of Oshinawa. To get to this hill, you had to travel past the city and the forest surrounding it. The pinkette sighed as she walked through the trees. Jiemma had always been an obnoxious man, believing that his guild was above the non-magical people of their city. He had built the guild so it would tower over them, reminding them that they were stronger.

As she continued on, she wondered what the Sabers would look like now. It had been two years since she had last seen them. She hadn't planned or ever coming back, but she didn't have a choice this time.