Chapter 35

(May be triggering)

Harry's P.O.V.

"Where am I?" I asked Ahriman as I looked around.

It was like I travel back to 1920's because of the setting around me. If it weren't for the cars and trucks driving up and down the street. I would have believed it. The buildings were very old and I could tell a few of them have been updated modernly.

"We are in Savannah, Georgia. One of the most beautiful places in America I must say." Ahriman said.

I walked down the sidewalk and I noticed people inside restaurants and stores with happy smiles on their faces.

But are they really happy? The male voice said in my head.

"Why are we here?" I asked, glancing at Ahriman.

I knew people couldn't see him so, I tried not to make it too obvious when I talked to him so, I don't draw attention. There were a few people outside walking the sidewalks, most of them couples.

"To help you." He said. "To fully understand your powers."

I stopped when I hit a fork in the road. I looked up at the sign and to my left was 'Pennsylvania Ave' and the one to the right said, 'Elgin St'.

"Which way do I go?" I asked Ahriman.

I looked over when he didn't answer to realize I was alone. I sighed.

Great. I thought. Where am I supposed to go?

Get lost. The woman's voice said in my head.

What does that mean?

Sometimes you have to be lost to find the things you're looking for. She said.

I let her words sink in as I looked around, a few people disappearing around the corner. I looked up at the sign again and covered my eyes.

I spun around and around till I got dizzy and I opened my eyes, walking down a street, forcing myself not to look behind me to see which street I was on.

I finally balanced myself and I looked around seeing grand trees with thick long branches. I noticed a sign and I walked over to it so, I could read it.

'Savannah Gardens' It read.

I walked into the large garden and it was like I entered another world. I admired the beautiful old trees and different colored flowers. The grass and bushes all seemed to be cut and trimmed to perfection. I was surprised to see no one here and I wondered why there was no one admiring this beautiful park.

I came to a small fountain that had a statue of an angel on top of it. The sound of the water was actually soothing as I began to feel something off.

"Do you sense it?" Ahriman said.

I didn't answer him as I walked to a strong presence. No, wait. It wasn't strong... It was weak which caught my attention. I heard a sniffle behind a row of bushes and I walked towards it.

I walked between two bushes and looked down seeing a small woman lying on the ground. I crouched down to her and she looked to be sleeping but her eyelashes started to flutter.

The woman looked to be in her early 20's and she looked like she was just beaten up so badly that she couldn't even open her left eye because it was swollen up to a black eye.

"Oh god. Please don't!" Her raspy voice whispered.

Her eyes watered and I gently touched her face.