Chapter One

Eren;

Snow slowly fell from the sky, covering everything in a blanket of white. Classes had been cancelled due to the amount of snow, and the cafe was swamped. Everyone was taking the day off to get something at the only cafe in town.

I ran around alongside Sasha and Armin making lattes and grabbing pastries from the kitchen to give to customers.

"Eren!" Connie called out to me. I looked over at him at the cash register and he gestured for me to come over. I jogged over to him, careful to avoid the other workers delivering items to customers. "My shift is over, it's your turn to work the cash register." I nodded and smiled. He waved as he headed to the back to clock out and hang up his apron. I waved back and turned towards the customer.

"Hello! Welcome to Survey Corps Cafe. What can I get you?" I asked, keeping myself cheery. The woman in front of me had crazy, brown hair and glasses which were foggy from the sudden change in temperature from coming inside.

"Hi! I'll have a cherry scone and a hot chocolate please!" She replied. I nodded and smiled, yelling the order out to the others so they could get it. Armin handed me the things and I delivered them to the woman. She paid and left me a tip, which I thanked her for, and she left.

I greeted the next customer, then the next, then the next. I worked for 2 more hours before my shift was finally over. I went to the back where I hung up my apron and clocked out.

"Ready to go?" Armin asked me. I nodded and out my coat on.

"Yep. I just want to go back to the dorm and sleep!" I exclaimed as we walked out the door and headed down the street.

"Don't you have an assignment due tomorrow though?" Armin asked me. I brushed it off.

"Don't you have some paper due soon?" I asked him. Armin is double majoring in two sciencey majors, he's super smart.

"Yes, and I plan on working on it when we get back to the dorm!" He told me. I huffed out a breath which turned into a white cloud in front of me. I shoved my hands into my pockets to try and escape the cold as we headed towards the dorm. About 10 minutes later, we finally arrived. We ran into the building and ran up the stairs to our dorm.

I quickly unlocked the door and flopped onto my bed. Armin walked over to his bed and picked up his laptop. I could hear him begin to type what was most likely his paper.

I sighed and got up, taking my jacket off and throwing it onto the ground. I walked over to my desk and plopped myself in my chair. I dug out a sketch book from my backpack and opened it to the first clean page.

The assignment I had to complete was a simple one. We had to do a sketch once a day in a sketchbook all year. Then, at the end of the year we had to put it all of the sketches into a collage that represents our year at school.

I flipped through my sketches seeing various animals and trees, different food and drinks from the cafe, a couple of sketches of Mikasa, my sister, from when she visited me last month, and many sketches of him.

The man with the black undercut, the grey eyes, the stern face. The face I have seen smile, but only for me. The face of a man I couldn't help but feel a pull to. A man I had never met. A man I have never actually seen. A man who may not be real.

I fiddled with the ring hanging from my neck. It has 4 small diamonds with a small sapphire in the middle of it. I traced my finger over the engraving on the inside. 'E&L'. I don't know what it means or where it came from, but I love it and I never take it off.

I sighed and settled on drawing the snowy landscape outside. I spent a good hour on it, really trying to get all the details right. I realized Armin had finished his paper and had left the dorm. I looked at my phone and saw a text from him.

Armin: You were in your art trance. I went to get some food.

I sighed and stood up, stretching. I walked over to the mini fridge in our room and grabbed a granola bar that was sitting on top of it. I settled back down on my bed and grabbed my computer.

I lazily scrolled through Tumblr as I quietly crunched on my granola bar. Armin finally came back, the smell of fast food following him.

"McDonalds?" I asked. Armin nodded and threw the bag at me.

"Of course." He replied as I shoved the food into my mouth.

Once I had finished eating, I grabbed my computer and began mindlessly scrolling. Before I knew it, it was 1 am and Armin was already fast asleep. I sighed, plugged my computer in, and climbed under the blankets.

-

Snow was softly falling as I followed him through the park.

"C'mon, brat. We're almost there." He said as he extended his hand towards me. I jogged to catch up to him and carefully intertwined our gloved fingers. I absentmindedly stroked the back of his hand with my thumb as we walked.

Suddenly, we stopped and I turned to look at him.

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

"Almost." He replied. We veered off the snowy path and into the woods.

As we walked, I realized tiny snowflakes had landed on his raven hair, making me lightly chuckle. He turned around and I stared into his silver eyes. I smiled at him and felt myself blushing slightly. I pecked him on the cheek and looked at him. He smiled at me, a small smile, but a genuine one, before he leaned in and-

I felt myself jerk awake to the sound of my alarm going off and Armin screaming at me.

"You're going to be late! We're running late, let's go!" I quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed. However, my thoughts lingered on the man with the gorgeous silver eyes and raven hair. "What're you thinking about?" Armin asked, still sounding panicked.

I shook my head.

"I don't know. Nothing." I replied, shaking my head again. I grabbed my jacket, stuffed my laptop into my bag, then ran out the door behind Armin.

a/n:

hello again friends:))
I'm SO sorry it's been YEARS since I said I would post the sequel, but here it is!
I'm really trying to bump up the quality of my writing and make this story more of a slow burn kinda thing bc I'm really into those kinds of stories and I thought I'd try my hand at one!
ok I rambled, but thanks for reading!!

Maggie x