ATTACHED

Copyright 2015. All Rights Reserved.

---- ❁ ----

It was drizzling that Sunday morning.

The gloomy weather and the dark clouds unite as they hide the bright sun behind. A black car hauling fast down the rocky road towards Leighton village as the drizzle turned into rain that will soon become a typhoon that would cause the cancellation of classes for tomorrow.

All of these are because of the boy waiting for the traffic light to turn red for him to cross the road to Leighton village. He's on the other side of the road where he needs to cross the pedestrian line before getting back to his home. And with the help of the rain, his destiny will soon come true.

As the timer for the green traffic light turned to thirty seconds, he tucked his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. It is the only thing that protected him from the rain. He tapped his right foot unconsciously while waiting for the red traffic light.

The boy frowned as he looked at the timer once again. Fourteen more seconds. He glanced at both sides of the road to see no car trying to pass by him. He shrugged, thinking that he's just gonna waste fourteen seconds of his life waiting for nothing. So he crossed the pedestrian lane, walking slowly against the slippery road.

But he's wrong.

As he was about to reach the other side of the road where his village was, he felt a sudden pain on his legs—mostly on the right one—and something sharp scratching his right arm. He hissed in pain and fell down, his head hitting the floor in the process.

The man who is inside the car pulled the breaks and immediately went out of his car, panic rushing though his veins while looking around.

No one saw the accident.

He silently prayed as he looked around, trying to find if someone saw what happened. He then saw a hint of black. His heart skipped a beat when he saw a man exiting village, phone on hand. The unknown man looked up from his phone. His dark eyes widening as he looked at the accident a couple of miles from him.

The man who bumped the boy panicked, quickly going in his car and hit the road. Leaving the poor boy and the shocked witness behind.

Unknown to the man who bumped the boy, the man who just came held his phone high enough to take a good picture of his plate number. After taking a picture for evidence, he decided to ran towards the victim.

His black eyes slowly widened as he scanned the damage caused by the driver of the black Mitsubishi car over the teenage boy at around sixteen he bumped.

There was an open wound on the side of the boy's head—he concluded that it may have been caused by the impact of the car to him that got him falling and hitting his head afterwards. His eyes squinted as he saw the broken leg of the boy. He can clearly see the damage because the boy is only wearing a denim jeans that ended before his knees. The boy's right knee was bent towards the left and his left leg had a couple of scratches. Some began to bleed.

The boy was going to die if he won't do something.

The hospital is about a couple of kilometers away. The boy might die along the way, making it useless.

And so, he did that one choice he never expected he will do.

As he kneeled in front of the boy, he tried to think of other way for the boy to survive. And still, he was left with that one way in mind. Sighing in defeat, he hesitated before asking the boy.

"Boy, do you want to survive?" The boy had his eyes opened as he stared at the stranger in front of him.

Do he really want to survive?

The boy draped with bloody clothes tried to think. He wanted to give up. To die. But there were so many things that he would like to do. The boy forced himself to nod in approval. And the next thing he knew is that he died.

---- ❁ ----
Author's Note:
Who knew I could make stories like this? Hahahah.
r o z e t t e a n g e l a
12/14/15