KATE

Kate knows that Kody Scott is mostly known for his bad boy personality.

He was her classmate in all of her classes. But they never talked. Not even a single greeting.

Although they sure do have a couple of times where she would glance at him just to catch him looking at her. She'd tremble every time they would make an eye or skin contact. It was unusual for her to feel this way. That she finds it rather odd.

Her blue innocent eyes clashed with his blue sinful eyes. She felt amazed at how they have similarities in their physical characteristics and a lot of differences in their attitude.

"Kate." She felt a poke of somebody's elbow on her arm. She blinked a couple of times, regaining herself unto the reality. She turned her head to Crystal who was looking at her with a hint of confusion on her eyes.

"You looked like you just saw a ghost. What happened?" Crystal laughed a little to lighten the mood. Kate looked blankly at the restarted game after the little break.

"Nothing. I just felt... dizzy for the moment." she didn't lied. She did feel dizzy when his eyes met hers.

Crystal somehow let go of the subject and focused her attention on the game. The dark haired boy with Kody earlier was dribbling the ball, Zeke trying to snatch the ball from him and—

She flinched at the long and loud whistle by the referee.

"Foul!" the announcer shouted at the microphone, the girls on the other side are shouting curses at Zeke.

Kody ran to his friend, he looked concerned for a moment before glaring at Zeke.

"Drake! Are you alright?" she heard the announcer slash speaker asked through the speakers.

Crystal felt a slight flutter on her stomach when she heard the name. The feeling is faint but her instincts were not that dumb not to feel it. She eyed the dark haired boy named Drake. He didn't look familiar to her but rather... comfortable. There's a difference.

The game resumed, Drake shooting a free throw because Zeke "unconsciously" pushed him, spraining his right ankle in process. He managed to shoot the two free throws.

For some reason, Crystal felt mad. Mad at Zeke. It was an unusual feeling for her, but Who wouldn't be? she thought.

She saw how they call for substitute and how the boy with brown hair jog in the court. Kody helped Drake from getting to the bench. They looked best friends. She thought.

The game continued, the boy with brown hair named Greg—told by her cousin, Savannah—was good. She thought. In fact, he matched Drake's three point shoots. The game ended at the score of 38 and 60. And of course, it's not Zeke's team who got the 60 points.

"I felt sorry for Zeke." she heard Kate whispered after they saw how Zeke walked out. Of course he'll be mad, it was their first time to lose in a game. Although it was just a friendly game, not school related. But since almost everyone here—her, Kate, Savannah, and some girls from their school get to see how the three—Drake, Kody, and Greg played, she was sure that they will be automatically get in the Basketball Team.

As she and Kate was walking towards their houses from the clubhouse, she saw Zeke on the park. And she guessed that Kate did too. He's sitting on a bench, his head down, and his arms propped on his knees for support. Even though Kate cannot see his face, she knows he's sad—and angry.

And so, she did smiled softly at Crystal. Kate knew Crystal didn't have to ask another question when the girl with a very special name smiled. She knew that she understood. Crystal nodded before turning her way to where she lives.