Chapter Two: First Day of School

So, it was the start of school and everyone was hyped about seeing their good old pals again. The hallways were filled with screams of joy and happiness. The feeling of excitement was all over the school campus. The teachers were even conversing with the students like they are buddies until the end. Me? I was the new girl. I was obviously nervous about being the new student since I always have that feeling of being judged about how I look. No, I look decent to say the least. I am not one of those girls on movies wherein a pretty actress would often deny that she is pretty and that, she is decent-looking.

I silently went inside the classroom I was assigned in: Room 11-2. I walked inside and suddenly, I saw what has to be straight up from a fairytale movie from Disney.

The classroom is so neat and spotless; the floors are shiny and smooth, the chairs are so cool-looking and the best thing is that it is air-conditioned. Bruh, I felt like a freaking princess as I stepped inside the classroom. The curtains are so pretty looking. It felt like I was freaking Cinderella. WHERE IS MY GLASS SLIPPER AND MY PRINCE?!

I roamed around the classroom to see more about the magical island of magic with eyes wide open. Was that even reality? It felt like I was dreaming. As I continued my adventure, I heard a woman's voice: "Excuse me, miss?" I turned around to find a very beautiful girl with black and light pink hair. She wore a very natural smile like one of those Colgate commercials (not sponsored by the way) and wore such jaw-dropping clothes. "Are you new here?" the supposed godmother asked me as she put down her bag on her seat found in the first row, center. I nodded shyly in response. "Oh, I see. It's okay to be nervous because it's natural," she said as she approached me. I swear she looked so majestic. She held her hand out for a handshake and introduced herself: "I'm Mary Joan Cruz, president of the Student Council Board." I shook her hand in response. "What's your name?" Mary asked me. "I-I'm S-Sarah Rodriguez," I stuttered like a pre-schooler. She laughed a little and said: "It's okay, Sarah. I don't look like a ghost now, do I?" I shook my head. As I was about to ask something, some boys burst inside the classroom, screaming like animals in the wilderness. "Silence, boys!" Mary snapped at the boys while they gave her that "Baby, you are sexy and I want you now" look. That was creepy. "Oh, don't mind them. They are just barbarians of the batch, looking for some damn trouble," she said as she put on her grumpy look at me. I just nodded in response. One of the boys approached me and gave me that look and I can't help but stared at him in complete confusion. All of a sudden, Mary slapped him away from me. I swear that slap was like a clap. I jumped a little in surprise. Mary looked at me and said: "Girl, better train to slap because it is useful." I was all like: what... the...

Class started and so far it was the usual meet and greet activities, games and a review of some school rules such as the curfew time and what to do and what not to do. Basically, it's all just a normal first day of school so there was nothing interesting about it. At one point, I got bored so I just drew some doodles in my extra notebook to keep me entertained for the rest of the period.

While waiting for our teacher to come back because he was getting something in the faculty room, some of the boys outside the classroom were so noisy that I can't even her what our teacher was trying to say. "Could you all please keep quiet?" Mary went out and said to them. "No, we can't but I can make you beg!" one of the boys said and I swear I saw him ripping off his shirt, revealing his "sculpted" body which to me looked like melted clay under the heat of the sun. "Quiet, fuckboy!" Mary yelled at him and shoved him away from her and closed the door. After a few minutes, our teacher came back and continued the discussion. Well, at least there was only 10 minutes more before lunch time.

Lunch time came and my stomach was all grumpy about not being fed for almost five hours. Mary took me to the cafeteria and I swear it looks like a restaurant except there are no waiters or menus. I looked at the menu and saw some delicious food such as mango graham cake, fried chicken and more. I ordered beef steak and two slices of their famous cheesecake. Believe me that was like a restaurant quality meal. Mary got the same order as I did because she felt like she needs to eat those as well.

Forty-five minutes remaining before the continuation of class. Mary toured me around the school campus such as the mall near the school, courtyard, parking lot, bathrooms, gymnasium, soccer field, auditorium, quadrangle, media centers and stores near the school. It was amazing that I became speechless. The school is even rich so that's some cool fact about it.

Let us time skip since nothing much has happened. It was already dismissal time. Mary Joan introduced me to her squad named: Becky, Alyssa and Ronna. They are so smart and cool to hangout. They are just normal people in a school so there is nothing that much interesting to know about them but I am not hating at all, okay?

That's it... that's just it.

I felt so much lighter as I absorbed the school's welcoming aura. It felt like home in particular; something I longed to feel ever since my family broke apart. Everytime I go inside my room, it felt empty as if I just moved in. It never had the feeling of great joy and gladness like it used to. I still wanted to feel that even if I somewhat moved on from the incident that marked the loss of my own childhood innocence. I wanted to find the true feeling of home before but as I started to study in that school, it felt more than just a school; it was home. It was the same feeling when I arrived home from pre-school with mom making desserts for us.

Gone are those days...