{Chapter 2} Exploration Expedition

Dedicated to my cousin @simplyawesomeness, who is indeed truly awesome =)

It seems as if some people are actually reading this. Thus I have decided to post more chapters.

I hope you guys like it!

Enjoy!!

********************************************************

He was my cream, and I was his coffee - And when you poured us together, it was something.      ~Josephine Baker

After making sure everyone was sound asleep, Leighton slowly eased her window open. Silently thanking her mother for forcing her into taking gymnastic lessons, she slowly lowered herself onto the ledge before swiftly climbing down the pipe that was attached to the wall. Taking a deep breath of the air that smelled of freedom, she walked down the street, making her way towards the Coffee Shop where she’d left off her “Exploration Expedition,” as she had dubbed it in her head.

                Just as she was about to open the door, as fate would have it, the door opened from the insider, rather forcefully, knocking into Leighton and knocking her down to the ground in the process.

                “I am so sorr-,” the culprit began.

                “It’s fi—Seriously? Again? You’ve got to be kidding me!” Leighton exclaimed, having identified today’s culprit as the same one from yesterday. “Do you have a personal vendetta against me or something?”

                “Yes, I don’t particularly like Americans. You lot repel me. You’re lucky that I didn’t spill coffee on you again,” the stranger snarled, causing her mouth to drop open in shock.

                “I’m joking,” the stranger added, laughing. “You should’ve seen your face. Priceless.”

                Leighton scoffed, still sitting on the floor.

                “Anyways, I apologize,” the stranger replied, offering a hand to Leighton and helping her up. “I didn’t mean to ram the door into you. Or run into you. Or spill coffee on you.”

                “It’s fine,” Leighton stated curtly, wanting to get inside the shop and away from the stranger.

                “No, it’s not,” the stranger objected. “I spilled coffee on you yesterday, possibly ruining your coat, and now basically shoved you to the ground. The least I can do is buy you a cup of coffee.”

                “No, no,” Leighton protested, thinking about the millions of warnings her mother had drilled into her head about kidnappers and rapists before sending her off to Europe. “It’s alright.”

                The stranger simply ignored her requests, and went inside the coffee shop, holding the door open for her this time.

                Not seeing any way out of this peculiar dilemma, Leighton sighed and went inside.

                “What would you like?” the stranger asked. “I wouldn’t really recommend anything on the menu as it all taste like dirty water. But I’d say the caramel brulee is probably best out of the lot.”

                “Ah, okay,” Leighton replied. “I guess I’ll have that then.”

                The stranger ordered, paid, and then walked off, only pausing at the door to give her one odd look before leaving.

                “And the trip just gets weirder and weirder,” Leighton mumbled as she sat down at a booth near the window and watched the stranger walk down the road.

******************************************************

I hope that you all made it to the end of this and it wasn't so terrible that you all quit one paragraph in.

If you would like to read more, please comment and let me know. I have half a mind to stop writing this.

Either way, have a wonderful week.

Amazingness xx

 P.S. Does anyone actually read the quotes?