{Chapter 6}- Day 2: Part 2

“Coffee and chocolate—the inventor of mocha should be sainted.” 

― Cherise Sinclair

                “Oh, shit,” Leighton muttered. “Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! I am soooo sorry! Like sorry to an infinity!”

                For lying on the floor was no other than Will.

                Kneeling down on the floor, she tried to assess the damage. “Are you hurt? Do you have a concussion? Do you need to go to a hospital? Is there a hospital nearby? I’m so sorry! I’m such an effin’ idiot!”

                “What do you carry in that thing? Bricks?” Will asked, rubbing his shoulder. “Thank goodness that you’re so short. If you were taller you would’ve hit my head and my brain would be gushing out now.”

                “Thanks for the mental picture,” Leighton replied sarcastically before adding, “and I am not short.”

                “No, you’re just very down to earth,” Will retorted, still rubbing him arm which had begun to bruise. “Why the hell did you hit me?”

                “Well…I…It…It’s your fault!” Leighton accused. “Why did you sneak up behind me like a serial killer?”

                “Sneaking up is the last thing I did!” exclaimed Will. “I called out your name about five times! It’s not my fault that you’re deaf!”

                “Oh, I didn’t hear you,” Leighton paused. “And I’m really sorry for hitting you.”

                “Eh, it’s fine,” Will replied, brushing dirt off of him. “I suppose I did deserve it, having pushed you down twice and all.”

                “So even?” Leighton asked.

                “Even,” Will replied with a smile, as he began walking.

                “So…what’s on the agenda for today?” Leighton asked, following Will.

“Well, before you attacked me with your purse, I was about to come and tell you that I had forgotten to tell you that the café was going to be closed for renovation for the next few weeks.”

                “Oh, that’s a bummer. Now where will I find another place where I can pay for coffee that tastes like dirty water?” Leighton asked, faking despair.

                “Well,” Will replied, as they neared his motorcycle. “I have a solution for that.” Pulling out a medium sized thermos and two cups from a bag lying on the motorcycle, he added, “I brought coffee. It’s not like the coffee that they serve at that pathetic excuse of a coffee shop, but I don’t think you’d complain.”

                Leighton eyed the cup that Will was offering suspiciously.

                “Seriously?” Will asked with a smirk. “Trust me, I’m not going to drug you. If I had wanted to do that, I could’ve done that yesterday. If it helps, I can drink the coffee first.”

                “That’s fine,” Leighton replied, taking the cup. “So you still didn’t say what we are doing today.”

                “Well, I figured I’d show you everything that Beverley has to offer. Well, everything that it has to offer after midnight, that is. Fi—,”

                “Oh my god! What is this?” Leighton exclaimed, interrupting Will. “This has got to be the best thing I have ever tasted!”

                “Thanks,” Will replied with a smile.

                “I am not joking, you have to tell me where you got it!!”

                “I made it.”

                “No effin’ way!!” Leighton exclaimed, her eyes widened like saucers. “You have to show me how to make it!”

                “Can’t do that,” Will replied with a mysterious smile. “It’s a secret.”

                “Please?” Leighton asked, with her best attempt at puppy dog eyes. When that failed, she replied, “Fine. I give up.”

                “Good,” Will replied. “Now back to your tour. I figured I’d show you what this city is most famous for…its churches.”

                “Do you even realize how boring that sounds?” Leighton retorted between sips of coffee. “Regardless, Aunt Claire already took me to see the churches this morning. And she also went over the history of all of them, with her having been a history major and all. And I do mean all of them.  So you better find something else, Lewis.”

                "My name is Will, not Lewis,” Will replied, rather offended.

                “Yeah, I know that. It was supposed to be a Lewis and Clark reference. You know, with the exploring and what not. Forget it,” Leighton sighed.

                “Moving on,” Will continued. “So did you aunt tell you about the haunted chapel?”

                “There is a haunted chapel?!”

                “Yep. And a haunted mansion as well as my personal favorite, the haunted public toilet,” Will replied, rather smug. “I bet she didn’t tell you the history behind that one, now did she?”

                “Okay, what is it?” questioned Leighton, with excitement.

                “Well, I don’t want to bore you with it.”

                “Oh, come on! Grow up! Fine, I’m sorry that I said it was boring.”

                “You have been forgiven. So legend goes that one day…”

                Thus the pair spent the rest of the night exploring the vast array of haunted haunts Beverley had to offer.

By the time Leighton returned to her Aunt’s apartment at the crack of dawn, she was certain she had never before laughed so much in one night. That night she went to sleep with a smile on her face, looking forward to the next night and dreaming of her next adventure with the boy with the unruly chestnut hair.

***********************************

Sorry for the delay, I decided to change a few things regarding where this story was heading. Thus I needed a few days to sort everything out. And catch up on a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother =)

Hopefully updates will be more regular from now. But I can't make any promises. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

Amazingness xx