New Year's

Kirk rushed around the ship passing out drinks and snacks, having to cut Chekov off from the mini sandwiches. "Why can't I have anymore?" The Russian questioned in a whiny tone. Kirk motioned to the nearly empty plate. "There were fifty of them, and you're the only one eating them and now there are... One... Two... Oh wow. There are four and a half left." He chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief and passing the other the sandwich he hadn't finished before walking off.

Spock sat down and watched the crew dance and joke around, confused about why it was so important to them to celebrate the start of another year. He was so lost in thought that he had allowed Jim to sneak up on him. The blonde grabbed his shoulders and shouted some slurred version of 'Boo', startling the Vulcan. "Spock, c'mon, as your captain, I order you to have some fun with us." He commanded in a mock stern tone. Spock let a scoff leave him in protest. "It is absurd to celebrate such a small event." He argued.

Kirk smiled crookedly and threw an arm around his friend's shoulders. "Listen, Spock, buddy, you'll enjoy it. Just take a load off for once. Here, try these, I made them special." He mumbled happily, pride swelling in his voice. Spock stared at the platter of odd shaped chocolates and opened his mouth to inform the other that he should not eat chocolate or anything with that level of sugar, for it had certain effects on him. The words never left his mouth because Jim had already shoved two pieces of chocolate between his two rows of teeth, which closed together with a 'click' before he chewed.

He had enjoyed the chocolates so much, he ended up polishing off the entire assortment within ten minutes, not even realizing it. Jim had wandered off somewhere and he didn't see him. Wait. Maybe that was? No. Nope. Why are there so many blondes on the ship. His thoughts lost the usual logical inner voice and switched over to just plain whiny. He frowned in confusion before getting up on wobbly legs and standing on top of the bar. "May I puh-lease have everyone's attention for a matter of seconds?" He shouted, gaining the attention he wanted.
He swayed a bit and spent a moment trying to remember how he got on the bar and what he wanted to say.

His brain came up with something totally different. Instead of simply asking where the captain was, he stood up nice and tall, smiling. "I AM IN LOVE WITH KAMES JIBERIUS TIRK!" He announced, butchering the name horribly in his drunken state. Out of seemingly nowhere, a more than tipsy Kirk snapped to attention and stood. "Who is... this Kames guy? I'll kick his... you-know-what if he doesn't stay away from my man!" He shouted, hiccupping and trying not to curse in front of the younger crew members, not wanting them to pick up on it.

He stumbled to Spock and hoisted himself up on the table clumsily. He couldn't quite here what everyone was going on about as he clutched Spock's uniform shirt. He did this, not with passion, but with the hope that he wouldn't fall down, or if he did, he would at least take Spock with him. He inhaled to stop himself from hiccupping anymore before looking into Spock's dark eyes, a determined look set on his face. He leaned in and pressed his lips to Spock just as he heard the crew shout 'Happy New Year'. Whether they were applauding the ball dropping and signalling that it was a brand new year, or cheering for the drunken kiss their captain and his right hand man had just shared didn't matter. Jim was too drunk and happy to care, Spock was busy finding interest in the shiny confetti, and everything was perfect.