Christmas

Spock laid peacefully in bed, the lights in his room dimmed to a comfortable faintness. He actually looked relaxed, and perhaps there was even a hint of a smile on his face.

A blonde figure with overly excited footsteps barged into the bedroom, the lights set to their default brightness, causing Spock to sit up in what, he would never admit, was shock. His dark eyes locked on Kirk, narrowing. "Captain, what is the meaning of this intrusion of my personal quarters?" He questioned softly, rubbing his eyes. "It's Christmas, Spocky!" The eager male shouted, causing Spock to cringe.

"Captain, must I continue to inform you that my name is not... Spocky? And would you care to enlighten me as to why you are here at - exactly six minutes and forty-seven seconds just after - the midnight hour?" He inquired, a brow quirking up. Kirk dragged his palm down his face slowly. "I just told you! It's Christmas!" He yelled again. "Captain, I beg of you, allow me to rest, we may celebrate your earthly holiday within the allotted time given... after I rest."

The blonde groaned in distaste. "But, Spock, I want to celebrate now." He complained, poking the Vulcan's cheekbone. Spock's brows knitted together as he curled up into the fetal position instinctively. He held his blanket tightly and tried to go back to sleep, absolutely exhausted.

"Spocky, plea-"

"My given title is Spock."

"Fine, Spock, I want to celebra-"

"Captain, allow me to rest for the appropriate amount of time."

Kirk pouted and nodded slowly in defeat, staring at the numbers on the clock boredly. Soon the oh-so-determined male's eyelids began to feel heavy. He yawned softly and closed his eyes, almost immediately falling asleep.

Spock slept for exactly six more hours before sitting up slowly. He carefully opened his closet and dressed in a thick sweater, before lifting Kirk up. "Mn...Gummybears..." The still-sleepy blonde murmured, hugging the Vulcan's neck. Spock undeniably smiled, a faint green spreading across his face.

The raven-haired male carried Kirk into a specially decorated room. He felt proud of himself. He had strung lights up on the walls and even went to the trouble of making a replica of a Christmas tree. He rubbed gentle circles into the other's back and rocked him like an infant. "Captain, awaken." He whispered. As if on cue, Jim's eyes cracked open, just before widening.

Spock slowly lowered the other onto the floor. "It is ... Christmas. The traditional tree, flocked, and decorated with incandescent lighting strands. I have, as well, prepared an array of gifts." He explained softly.

Kirk hurried to the tree and picked up a small, beautifully wrapped box. "What's this?" He questioned with childlike glee. "I assumed that you would open it rather than inquire-"

With that the paper was shredded and a velvety box was opened. Kirk stared down at a ring, turning to Spock.

"Spock I-"

"Captai- Jim... Jim, will you become my love, my lifelong object of affection and adoration, and ... my T'hy'la?" The Vulcan recited, kneeling, dark eyes full of hope. Kirk dropped down in front of Spock, pulling him into a warm embrace. "Yes, I'll be... all of that." He chuckled softly.

"I love you."

"Wani ra yana ro aisha."