Chapter 1

An ANBU appeared out side of the gate to the village. With a sigh he looked over his shoulder.

"I'll be back Konoha in 4 years." He said before disappearing into the darkness of the night. On the sheet every ninja had to sign when they leave the village a single name stood out, the name was Kitsune one of the Hokage's personal ANBU. That night the ANBU known as Kitsune died and gave birth to Inari the Lord of Foxes.

----time skip no jutsu (4 years later)----

A lone hooded figure could be seen on the road to the hidden village. The figure stopped for a moment to sign the sheet and walked on towards the Hokage tower. The name that was left there was Inari. The figure walked towards the tower being avoided by the villagers because they feared him. The only thing that they could see was a white fox mask that was decorated elaborately, (a/n: see picture above) and piercing blue eyes that showed no emotion. All the shinobi that where around weren't sure how to approach the stranger, so they
left him be but followed his every movement. When he arrived at the Hokage Tower a deep voice rang out from the stranger catching the attention of the women around or passing by. He said, "I'm back Konoha." And walked into the tower and straight to the door of the Hokage's office. He knocked and was called in a moment later.
"Ah welcome back Kitsune." The old Hokage exclaimed.
"Hokage-sama I'm not known as 'Kitsune' anymore." The figure said.
"Oh well then what are you known as?" The Hokage asked.
"I am known as Inari the Lord of Foxes." The newly named person said.
"Well Inari how was the 4 years of training my boy?" Hokage asked.
"It went well and as I had said I'm back ready to resume my duties Hokage-sama." Inari said bowing down.
"I was hoping you'd say that Naruto." The Hokage said smiling. Inari stood up taking off the mask and cloak. Now there stood a tall lean teen with yellow hair that shown like the sun, that was in the style like the fourth Hokage's, blue cobalt eyes that weren't as steely as they where before, he wore the standard ANBU uniform with a red and orange katana strapped to his back, standard black shinobi sandals and two pouches on his hip then a kuni holster on his right thigh. The old Hokage smiled even more at the sight of the 17 year old boy that stood in front of him.
"The bingo book needs to be updated now doesn't it? You're wanted by every hidden village except the village hidden in the sand and this one you've made a name for your self Naruto." The Hokage said with a smirk.
"You know it old man." Naruto said not acting serious like he was before. The old man chuckled while the ANBU that where in the room sweatdropped at their captain's behavior.
"Cat, Mouse, Badger, and Falcon you can come out." Naruto said a bit of the seriousness coming back.
"Hai Captain." Three of the four said as they came out of hiding.
"Cat?" The Hokage asked looking to the place where the ANBU was.
"Hai." Cat said coming out of his hiding spot. Naruto smirked.
"Well then I suppose Cat and Mouse are new to this division?" Naruto stated looking out the corner of his eyes slightly studying the two he mentioned.
"Yes they are Naruto, and so is Falcon and Badger well not as new as Cat and Mouse." The Hokage said with a nod.
"Ah I see. Since I've been gone for the past four years..." Naruto paused to put up a sound barrier so the conversation stayed between them "introduce your selves with out your masks do not worry this will stay between us." Naruto finished. The four ANBU nodded taking off their masks. Cat a 16 year old boy about the same height as Naruto, the boy had raven black hair and cold black eyes. Mouse a 16 year old girl a little shorter then Naruto, her pink hair went down to her shoulders and her green eyes flashed with curiosity. Badger a 17 year old boy with black hair that was cut in a bowl cut, his bushy black eye brows stood out against his forehead and round black eyes studying Naruto closely. Falcon a 16 year old girl her long purple almost black hair was pulled up into a high ponytail her pupilless lavender eyes betraying no emotion as she stared at Naruto.
"My name is Sasuke Uchiha." Cat said emotionless.
"My name is Sakura Haruno." Mouse said.
"Name's Rock Lee." Badger said giving a thumbs up.
"M-m-my n-name i-is Hinata Hyuuga." Falcon said now very shy.
"My name is Naruto Uzamaki Namikaze." Naruto said introducing himself to the others. Naruto's eyes hardened when he sensed a team of genin approaching the door.
"ANBU masks now and hide." Naruto said taking down the barrier and putting on his mask before disappearing along with the other ANBU. A few minutes later the team of genin came in with their sensei bringing up the rear.
"Grandpa can we have a better mission?" Kononhamaru said with a pleading look.
"Are they ready?" The Hokage asked the teams sensei.
"Yes they work together well." The sensei said with a nod as Kononhamaru and his team mates jumped for joy.
"Then I will give you a C ranked mission. For this mission I want you to take extra care and I am sending Inari with you." The Hokage said signaling Inari to appear. Inari appeared next to the Hokage leaning against the wall behind him.
"You are sending an ANBU with us?" The sensei asked his eye brow raised.
"Yes but he will be acting as a Jonin." The Hokage said.
"Hai Hokage-sama." Inari said with a bow disappearing when the genin team left.