Chapter Twenty-One

I am overwhelmed by your reviews—overwhelmed, and inspired. What would I do without all of you?? I hope you take pleasure in this next chapter. For those of you who are enjoying the musical aspect of this story, I encourage you to listen to either “Titanic-Nearer My God to Thee” or “October Sky-Dream of the Boys” when the letter starts (a letter which has been slightly abbreviated from the original). “Dream of the Boys” transitions nicely into the rest of the story, and “Nearer My God to Thee” is just breathtaking. I defy you not to shed tears—I did. And later, the song is “In Noctem” from HBP—and I listened to Mozart’s “Lacrimosa.” Oh, and I’m doing MOVIEVERSE in here, folks. Because I like it. So you know. Thank you so much, and enjoy.

VVVVVVVVVVV

Home is behind

The world ahead

And there are many paths to tread

Through shadow

To the edge of night

Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow

Cloud and shade

All shall fade.

All

Shall fade…

-Lord of the Rings

VVVV

HERMIONE

            Several days passed a little easier after that—doubt and jealousy are terrible, poisonous things, and one never realizes how much they are dragging you down until they are slightly relieved. I had written down in my diary the passages Draco had underlined, so every night before I went to bed, I read them, and they ran through my head before I fell asleep. As long as I had them, I knew I would be able to go on for several weeks without hearing his voice.