Part 2

((Atsuko's PoV))

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! Do it!"

"I don't wanna!"

I say, crossing my arms and leaning back on the couch.  My brother groans and continues begging, but my answer stays the same.  My mother walks in as he's poking me, asking over and over.  I look at my mother desperately.  

She sighs and rolls her eyes, looking towards my brother.  She puts her hand on her hips.  Yes, yes scold him please.

"What are you doing to your sister?"

"I'm asking her to go perform at the mini spring concert over in the park! They do it every year, but she always refused! Not this year, Atsu."

I roll my eyes.  Every year, I said no.  This year is going to be the same thing, no matter how much he begs.  My mother scoffs and looks at me, glaring.  I widen my eyes.  What the heck did I do?!

"Why don't you just go? You have a beautiful talent, show it off!"

"Mother, I don't like showing off! What would happen if I pass out mid song, huh?"

"Hm, I'd wake you up and you'd continue singing."

She states.  Really, mother? This is how you want to treat your only daughter? I see how it is.

My brother laughs beside me and I punch his shoulder, earning a satisfying yelp.  He should learn how to shut up every once in a while.  My mother glares at me and I shrug my shoulders, crossing my arms again.  After my brother recovers from his punch, he goes back to bothering me, my mother joining in.

My aunt walks in, looking confused as ever.  Yes! My aunt! She'll set them both straight!

"What's going on in here?"

She asks, looking at both my mother and my brother.  I smile happily.

"Thank goodness, Auntie they're bugging me to sing in the spring concert.  Can you believe that?"

"Oh, I think you should Atsu.  Maybe you'll find a boyfriend."

My jaw drops.  Are you serious?!

By the way, the way she said "Maybe you'll find a boyfriend." sounded very sarcastic.  That's rude.  

My mother and brother look at me with this smirk that seems to spell out "We win,".  I sigh, standing up and putting my shoes on.  

"Fine.  I'll go..."

I mumble.  The three of them cheer and smile happily.  Then they start rushing to get ready, scurrying around the house.  I roll my eyes at the sight as I go upstairs to grab my guitar.  When I walk into my room, I instantly notice something missing.  Where are my headphones?  They're always sitting on my desk near my bed, yet they're not there.  I narrow my eyes, realizing who took my beloved headphones. 

Grabbing my guitar, I sprint down the stairs and walk up to my brother, holding out my hand.  He hesitates, but ends up giving me them back.  I smile happily.  Good little brother.

My mother rushes me out the door, my aunt rushing up to me and running her hand through my hair in an attempt to fix it up.  Jeez woman calm down.  The three of them talk excitedly the whole walk to the park.  I just walk quickly in front of them, hoping no one thinks that I'm related to them.  

My mother drags me behind the stage to where the people who want to perform sign up.  Sitting in a chair is a big, half bald looking man with a weird mustache.  I sigh and put on a smile.