Part 8

((Atsuko's PoV))

What even happened last night.

How did it- no, why did it happen? Did it really even happen? Why am I thinking about this again? More importantly, what am I thinking about?

Oh, yeah, right.  Prince Joshua Lieben kissed me last night.

I shove my face in my pillow to muffle my scream, laying down harshly on my bed with a huff.  I stare up at my ceiling, that particular event playing itself in my head for probably the hundredth time that day.

Prince Joshua and I were dancing together to the slow music that filled the room.  All around us were couples dancing together, pressed close against each other.  If I were watching Joshua and I dancing together from a third person view, I honestly think you could see how awkward I was.  At first I tried my best to keep some distance not only because I felt so awkward, but I was pretty sure Joshua didn't want me all over him.  At one point, he pulled me closer and I instinctively laid my head on his chest.  I heard his heartbeat, which was beating relatively fast.  It prompted me to pay attention to my heartbeat, which I didn't realize was beating so fast.  What on Earth is wrong with me.

For a good while, we danced like that in silence, the music our sole company.  It felt like a world of our own, as cheesy as that sounds.  But it really did.  It was so calm and peaceful, we were dancing in time and not a single word was shared between us.  It felt great.

We both felt that the song was nearing its end, so we started to slow down.  The only thing I remember after that is his hands cupping my cheek and then his lips against mine.  It took me what seemed like forever to realize that he was kissing me.  Joshua Lieben, was kissing me, of all people, me.  We stayed like that for a little bit before we both pulled away and looked at each other, seeming somewhat in shock.  We were both blushing like mad and shared a jumble of words that was our farewell, and then next thing I'm back home, freaking out and contemplating everything and anything.  My family was pestering me about what was wrong or what happened, but I disappeared into my room for the rest of the night and now, currently, most of the morning.

I've texted Kenna but she hasn't replied to me yet since she's at work right now, but honestly I need her right now.  Kenna, why must you be a responsible adult when I'm in need?

A knock is heard from my door and I hesitantly get up.  I open the door slightly and look at the person through the crack.  My mother is there holding a tray with food.

"Hi Atsu.  I thought I'd bring you some food like the caring mother I am.  Also, would you like to get out of hibernation to talk with mummy?"

My mother says, smiling the whole time.  I don't know, she could be planning some-

*growl*

"Sure mother come on in."

I open the door and let my mother in.  I sit on my bed and begin to devour the food my mother brought me the second she sets it down in front of me.  When I finish, I happily thank her, feeling much more better with my stomach full.  

"Alright, now, will you tell me why you've decided to seclude yourself here?"

I gulp, take a deep breath, and decide to tell my mother everything from last night.  From the second Joshua walked up to me up to the awkward and nervous goodbye that we shared.  She was quiet the whole time and listened to my stuttering and nodded at everything.  When I was done, she sighed, looked me right in the eye, and smiled.

"You should date him."

My jaw drops and I stare at her dumbfounded.

"What, Mother?! How can you condone this, I hardly even know him!"

"Well then get to know him! The only way you can do that is getting out of this room, for pete's sake.  Get outside and walk around, maybe you might bump into him."

I scoff and cross my arms.

"Yeah, I'll bump into him.  When pigs fly!"

She stands up and goes through my closet, throwing clothes atop my bed in front of me.  I watch, leaning against my wall with my arms crossed, not moving.

"Well then, I suggest you get out there and go find some pigs."

--------

Well, I didn't find any pigs.

Or Joshua.

But I did find a cat.  I have also befriended this cat, and this cat has followed me all the way to the park.  This cat is now my friend.  As you can tell, I'm slowly losing my mind.  But it's fine!

I'm sitting down on a bench under some trees, watching the leaves blow in the wind and admiring the calm and peacefulness of the day.  There's not that many people outside walking, which makes it better.  The cat, which I now resorted to calling Tubs, settles itself on my lap.  I pet its soft fur, scratching behind its ear and feeling very pleased when I hear it purring.  It's always an honor to be able to make a cat purr.

I look around and spot a person walking alone.  As he gets closer, I look up at the sky, searching for flying pigs so I know I'm just dreaming.

((At this point I don't know if this is my best or not OH WAIT no it's not haha))