Prologue

Niall's had a pretty terrible love life, one will say.

Let's see, his first boyfriend was called, Louis. Niall was fifteen. He was just a bit taller than Niall when they started dating and would always throw banter around with him because of his accent, and the way he acted. Niall thought he was in love with said boy. Louis would cuddle him all the time, Louis just loved to have his hands on Niall. Smile, love, touch him.

Louis wasn't as interested in Niall as Niall was in him though. That's when Niall was replaced with Eleanor. Louis and Niall cut ties.

When Niall was seventeen, he had his second boyfriend. A boy called Harry. They were utterly "in love". Niall had heart eyes for Harry and Harry had heart eyes for Niall. They always held hands in the hall, on campus in university, Harry held him tight when Niall would sleepover. They were perfect, Niall thought. Niall didn't know what to do when he got a call from Harry's mum telling him Harry was in a car accident and he was in surgery.

Harry didn't make it.

When Niall was twenty, he had his third boyfriend, Zayn Malik. Niall was infatuated. Zayn tasted like cigarettes and liquor and Niall craved it. Zayn was the one who took Niall's virginity, Zayn was the one who proposed when Niall was twenty-two. Zayn was the one who changed completely to be a better man.

But Niall wasn't craving that anymore, and they remained friends.

When Niall was twenty-three, he had his first girlfriend. Perrie was her name. She was amazing, Niall concluded. He thought he was really into her, he really did. He'd worked up the courage to propose to her himself when he was twenty-four. But she'd told him no, only because she could tell he only thought he loved her, and he didn't really. She knew he was really into guys.

They remained friends.

So that's where Niall is now, tweny-seven and his love life sucks. He reminds himself lying in bed that love doesn't even exist, so he doesn't know why he tries.

That is until he met the wonderful Liam Payne.

(A/N: 366 words (it's really short)

here's just an idea, idk how far i will get into it. Hopefully pretty far, but we'll see xD

-Celina Azad) *2015