Chapter 9

MONDAY - MAY 31, 1976

Sarah pushed her sweat dampened hair off her face and looked around the room. Early dawn was lighting up the room, there were now shadows forming from the inky blackness. She glanced at the clock by Sam's bed and exclaimed, "Sam, it's nearly 5:00 a.m.!"

They had been in the room for 5 hours, she hadn't realized how fast time had gone.

"Um-m hm-m" Sam said sleepily. His body was lying half across her, a leg and arm slung over the other half. His hand tangled in her hair, weaving it between his fingers, absently.

He snuggled into Sarah's neck and inhaled, the smell of sex lingered between them, mixed with her soft sweet perfume. Their bodies blended together perfectly, curves matching muscle, soft against hard. He could lay with her like this all day.

"Sarah, did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?'

Sarah gave a soft laugh, "Yeah, about 50 times. " She ran her fingers through his hair and flickered the tips of them across his back, watching the goosebumps rise, and giggled when she felt the slight shiver go through him.

"Watching you on stage was something else tonight. You moved around that stage, and sang so fantastic! You had the girls in the front row panting for you."

Her fingertips played across his back, as she softly stated, "You love being up there, Sam. I could never see you doing anything else."

Sam raised his head, and looked into Sarah's eyes, he smiled crookedly. "You are making it so easy for me to fall in love with you." He whispered.

He slid his body over hers and they made love, slowly and tenderly, knowing their time was running out.    Afterward, Sarah put her fingertip in his dimple, tracing the line down to his jawline.

'You know, I could be falling for you, too" She slid down on the pillow and cuddled against him, resting her cheek on his chest, and felt his body wrap around her; his chin on her head.

"Where do you go next?" She asked.

"I think Pittsburgh. I'll give you my schedule."  Sam's voice was drifting.

Sarah felt his body relaxing as he fell asleep. She curled in tighter and felt the warmth around her. She felt safe, protected and content to be with Sam.

Sarah watched the hands move around the face of the clock until they pointed to 7:00. Sam was still asleep, his arm hooked around her waist, his head on her shoulder.

She had slept about an hour but it was a strange sleep. The effects of the speeder and the coke had kept her mind humming even while her body relaxed. All she could think about was having to leave Sam in the morning and the miles that would continue to add up between them.

Sarah tried to slide out of bed quietly, but Sam roused when he felt the cool air move in to take her place. She tucked her pillow in beside him and he drifted off again.

Sarah was in the shower when she heard the bathroom door open, she slid open the shower curtain welcoming Sam in.

He kissed her as they stood under the running water.

"Don't go, Sarah. Stay with me, we can be together. I want you with me. Please, say you'll stay." Sam implored as his lips moved down her neck and across her breast.

His hands roamed over her back, then traced a watery trail around her waist and dipped down. His fingers caressed her soft curls, then slipped in between the folds.

Sarah wrapped her hand around him, her fingers slid up and down, feeling him growing under her grip. He pressed her against the shower wall, wrapping her legs around his hips, and slid into her.