Chapter 21

Sam saw Sarah pacing the floor as he closed the door. He could tell by the look on her face that she was furious.

"I can't believe he did that!" She swung around to Sam. "What the fuck was he thinking?"

Sam caught her arm and led her to sit on the bed, then sat beside her. "You have to calm down and listen to me." He shook his head over her protests. "Listen to me, Sarah!"

Sarah closed her eyes and lowered her head. "Nothing you say can make that right."

"I'm not saying it was right." Sam lowered his voice, as he tried to explain.

"Trish knows what goes on when she's not here. This has happened before."

"Sam, how can I look her in the eye knowing her boyfriend cheated on her?" Sarah asked, quietly adding. "She's my friend."

"Sweetheart, you have to try. Ok?" Sam put his arm around her shoulder and squeezed. "It'll work out better that way."

***

Sarah was awoken by a jolt as the bus hit a bump in the road. She had taken two Valiums a few hours before, when the group had boarded the bus.

She was too pissed to face Georgie, and just wanted to be by herself. She claimed the front seat and was curled up now, under a blanket. Sarah laid her head down and started to drift back to sleep.

She heard Sam playing his guitar, in the seat behind her and she smiled, knowing that he was close by. The music stopped, and Sarah's heart skipped when she heard Gisette's voice, coming from behind her, also.

She lay still and listened as Gisette and Sam spoke. This time they spoke English and she was having no problem hearing them. It sounded like they had been talking while she was sleeping.

Sam had been concentrating on writing when Gisette sat next to him, asking if she could talk to him. He flipped over the paper he'd been writing on and picked up his guitar, nodding at her as his fingertips played over the strings.

"Barry told me about Georgie and Cherry and I wanted to thank you for stepping in and talking to him. I don't want any problems between him and Trish. She's a really nice girl and I'm just starting to get closer to her."

"I've noticed that you two have been getting along better. How are you and Sarah getting along?"

Gisette sighed. "I'm trying, Sam. I made it a point to sit with them the other night and get to know Sarah, but she didn't seem to like me being there. I just felt excluded. That's why I left and came down to Tex's room.....I know that I really started out bad, everyone thought I was a bitch. But I only want what's best for the band."

"I didn't think Sarah was still giving you a hard time. I'll see if I can talk to her. I know the guys are behind you all the way. We know how important this is to you."

Sam grabbed his guitar when the bus hit a bump, then he started to softly strum it again. He heard Sarah stir, but then she was still again. He hoped she was asleep.

Gisette placed her fingers over the guitar strings, and he stopped playing.

Sarah heard Gisette ask. "When will you write a song about us?"

"Gisette, that would be a hell of a song." Sam chuckled, softly.

"I think it would be good song. We were great together. And now you're finally getting what you've wanted. This is just the beginning of your dream, Sam. I'm happy for you and I'm glad that we're together to see it." Gisette placed her hand on Sam's leg.