Ice Skating

Hi, I really wanted to thank you for all the votes and comments, I really really appreciate everything.
*****
Scott held my hand tightly, attempting to stabilize me. I was about to fall when he pulled me up against him. My left hand was held tightly by Landon, who was giggling uncontrollably. He had already almost fallen three times now, I admit, it was pretty cute.

"You need some help?" I ask Landon.

"No Mitchie, I can do it by myself." And with that, Landon let go of my hand and began skating better than I can. My eyes widen at the sight of this and I look up to Scott who is sharing my confused expression. He shrugs his shoulders.

"Maybe he's been practicing?"

We begin struggling to catch up with Landon and soon enough, we get the hang of it and Landon doesn't want to take my hand again. He glides around the rink, cheering and giggling the whole time, which earns a smile from both of us.

"Mitch?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you ever...want kids? Like, I mean-"

I pull Scott's face down to mine by his neck.

"Yes," I whisper in his ear, smiling wide, and I pull him in for a kiss.

***

After a long time trying to pry Landon off of the skating rink we finally succeeded and we're currently on a bench waiting for Landon to take off his shoes so that we could return them. An older couple was seated next to us and the lady of the couple kept staring at us and smiling. I couldn't help but feel a little creeped out.

"I'm going to return my shoes on my own, by myself. I'm big enough to go."

"Well, okay honey, but be back quickly!" I say, and Scott kisses my cheek.

"You three make quite a cute family," the older woman next to us says, smiling at us. She has her hand in her husbands, who is seated next to her. He leans forward to smile at us as well, waving with his free hand.

"Oh, we're not-" I begin but am interrupted by Scott.

"Thank you so much. What're your names?"

"Ethel. And this is Frank. Wave again honey." Frank sends us another wave. I send him back one and I grin.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintances. I'm Scott, and this is Mitch."

"Are you two married?"

"Well only if this one agrees to it. I've practically begged him." I glare up at Scott.

"Well I think you would be lovely together," Ethel says and smiles at us. Then she gets up and helps her husband up. "Come along Frank."

***
Scott POV
We get into the car and start heading back home. It's very dark, so I turn on the front lights and see that the road is still a bit slippery from the storm. We have been heading down the road for a while and are singing to the radio. Landon is practically hollering the lyrics as loud as he possibly can and also as high. Mitch starts laughing as the little boy solos over the singer on the radio, attempting to harmonize.

"And I LOOOOOVVVEEEEEEE..." Landon sings, emphasizing certain words.

Once the song ends, we are all laughing hysterically.

"You okay back there?" Mitch asks, turning back to look at Landon, biting his finger and grinning.

"Yep. I think I should join Pentatonix," he sings, mispronouncing our band name.

"I think that would be great, we could really use your high notes, they're incredible," I say.

"What voice part would you be?" Mitch asks him.

"HIGH!" He responds, shouting, causing Mitch to lose it once more.

"And what voice part am I?" I ask.

"Lowwwww. And high. Medium," Landon giggles.

"And what about Avi?"

"LOOWWWWWW," he says, trying to sing as low as Avi.

"Wow, you're pretty good. And Mitch?"

"Perfect," Landon says, which makes Mitch smile.

"Well thank you, that means a lot to me Landon."

"Your welcome. But I'm better." Mitch and I both laugh at Landon's ego and I notice that the radio has been off for a while. I turn the knob and hear nothing but more and more static hissing out of the car. It was my aunts, because Landon has to have a special seat still. It was an old Pacer, probably the ugliest, most not protective car on the market. I resort to just turning it off, and I can barely see about two feet in front of us.

"Scott? Is that snow?"

"Yeah. I can barely see."

"Maybe we should pull over, wait it out."

"But it might last all night, I don't want anyone getting to hungry or anything else. We need to keep going. Do you have reception?"

"Nope. I've checked. Nothing. We need to be careful."

"Yeah, don't worry. I'll get us home. Just keep checking your signal, alright? I'll turn the radio back on, maybe we'll get a warning or some reception."

"I hope so." I look over at Mitch briefly before returning my glance to the road.

We have been driving for about an hour and the snow has started to become very very heavy, and I have to turn the wind shield wipers on high. It still wasn't enough to see clearly and my eyes were straining to see the road.

"Scott..." Mitch murmured. We still hadn't got a signal, not even one bar. It took only about an hour and a half to get back home, so I'm sure we're close, but we'd been going a lot slower than before, so maybe about just a half an hour left to go.

"We're fine. Really." I whisper. Landon was asleep in the back seat, puffing out short breaths. I turn my glance back to the road after looking at Mitch and Landon when I see a blinding light coming towards us. I quickly swerve the car over, which wakes up Landon and he immediately starts sobbing. The car spins out and over the hillside, and it becomes steeper as we roll down it backwards. I desperately try to maneuver the car, but it gained no traction and we started flying down the hillside at horrendous speeds, the car accelerating. I feel the car momentarily free fall, then we hit the ground, tumbling and rolling. Once I knew that I couldn't regain control, I ducked my head and instinctively thought about protecting Mitch and Landon. I look back to the back seat and see him still strapped in, struggling to breathe.

Oh my god. He has asthma!!!

I unbuckle my seatbelt haphazardly and scramble to the back seat and we are once again in free fall. I desperately try to get Landon out from the car seat but no avail, and my head hits the top of the car.

"SCOTT!!!" I hear Mitch scream at me, and I flop over into the front seat, my back hitting the roof of the car hard and my feet only touching the ground when we flipped back upright. My back and head must've hit the ceiling about eighty times before I finally secured myself, somehow, back in the drivers seat. I am panicking, twisting the wheel as hard as I can at directions opposite the direction at which we were falling, trying to regain traction. The back of the vehicle must be crushed. All I can think about is what is at the bottom of this hill, and I grab for Mitch's hand for comfort until my knuckles are white. He is shaking, and I can barely breathe. My head is spinning and my stomach is churning at the constant turning of the vehicle. My back feels like it's breaking, twisting all the wrong ways and my head is pounding with adrenaline.

The last coherent thought I have is the car finally upright and it flying sideways into a tree.