Chapter 3~The New Girl

Caelan

About an hour later, Caelan found himself strolling down the busy corridor towards the canteen. People bustled about, all in a rush to get to the front of the queue, pushing and barging their way to the double doors.

He almost felt bad, the authority he had over people, almost, but not quite. As he walked along the hall people scattered out of his way to allow him passage. The school football star got the best treatment there along with his team and whoever was lucky enough to be his girlfriend.

Over all the commotion he heard his name being called and turned around to see a blonde haired, blue eyed jock come jogging towards him.

“Hey Matthew!” Caelan said as the boy approached him and received a playful punch on the shoulder. Matthew grinned down at him and fell into step easily beside him.

Being one of the tallest boys in the school, at 6ft5 there weren’t many people that Matthew didn’t have to look down to.

“Dude, what’s for lunch today?” he asked, his deep voice easily reaching Caelan even over all the commotion as they stepped through the double glass doors into the jam packed cafeteria and took their place at the front of the queue.

Falls High cafeteria was just like any other, slightly scuffed linoleum floors, clean white walls with large green paw prints dotted randomly around the huge room – a modification made at the start of the year by the senior committee – and panelled florescent lights, complimented by the skylight and sizeable windows.

“Is there anything I can get for you?” a plump, ginger haired dinner lady asked Caelan, a flirting lure to her question, implying much more than just food, “anything at all?” She gave him a crooked smile followed by a wink.

“Just a cheeseburger thanks,” he replied politely, ignoring her inappropriate behaviour.

“Coming up!” she grinned once more at him before turning her attention to Matthew. “And what do you want?” she sneered at him, all the previous niceness in her voice gone making her sound sour and bitter.

Matthew made his order, deciding after 5 minutes to have the same as Caelan, the two boys sniggering the entire time at the extremely peed off lunch lady.

They sauntered over to the table at the far wall where all the football players sat and of course their girlfriends. Caelan leaned down behind Amanda, surprising her as he circled his arms round her waist before turning his head to kiss her intimately.

“Get a room!” Matthew shouted as he took his seat next to his current girlfriend, Savannah.

Caelan pulled away and smiled at Amanda, “Hey Beautiful,” he winked.

“Hey,” she replied still breathless from their kiss.

He sat down next to her and smirked as Matthew and Savannah made out, “Get a room!” he mimicked, before taking a bite of his cheese burger.

About 10 minutes later, Caelan was talking with Torin, the jock sitting across from him, when he heard his girlfriend talking about a new girl so he decided to butt in on their conversation.

“New girl huh?” he said turning to Amanda. “She hot?” he raised his eyebrows questioningly at the group of girls that sat to his right.

“You mean you haven’t seen her?” Amanda asked.

“Yeah I have, I just thought I’d ask for the hell of it,” he grinned, his voice dripping sarcasm.

“Hey guys the lurve god hasn’t seen the new girl,” Savannah shouted to the table causing all the guys start laughing.

“You for real man?” Matthew asked. “Even Kyle noticed her and he’s practically stoned 24/7!”

“I’m guessing she’s hot then,” he smiled in response to the whole table staring at him in bewilderment. Amanda just shook her lowered head laughing silently, her whole body shaking.

_______________________________________________________________________

Short but sweet, I hope you all like. The amazing person I have dedicated this chapter to, made the really superly cool professional looking cover. Thank you so freaking much! :D Thanks to all whole are reading this and if you like it, you know what to do! ;) Stay tuned~MJ