Chapter 33

*Autumn's POV*

It had been a week since i had came out of hospital. I was feeling much better as most of my bruises had cleared up and some of my scars had healed... But not all of them. Some will stay there forever, constantly reminding me of the accident. And how Lucas left me on the road like that, even though he was the one who scared me into the road. I never want to see him again. First the breakup, now this?
Finding the breakup harsh seems pathetic too me now, but if he still 'loved me' why would he leave me in that state?
The anger bubbled up inside of me just at the thought of his smug face.
However, i could never let Joe find out about it.. God knows what he'd do to Lucas. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but violence is not the answer to anything.

I'd be having two weeks off college, because of how wrecked i looked and my broken arm. That is no excuse but i didn't look presentable and i wasn't ready to be bombarded with questions from other people. The college understood my reasons and they gave my parents a form to fill to say i could stay off for a while; and they filled it in.

However, over the past few days i hadn't been staying at home, i'd been staying at Joe and Caspar's place.
If i was at home i would have been on my own almost 24/7 as my parents work full time. Whereas if i stayed at Joe and Caspar's place, they could look after me when they come home from college; and Joe finished around 2ish everyday so it all seemed to work out.
After the accident i came to see Caspar and Emilia and she cried, actually, we both shared a few tears.

I was cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket and hot water bottle, trying to get some sleep; it was freezing. I felt too weak to move to turn the heating on, so i tried to stay as warm as possible.

'I'm home!!' I heard Joe shout into the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

'Hi' i said with a croaky voice as i hadn't spoken in a few hours.

'Aw, how is my princess?' He asked sweetly, and i couldn't help but melt inside.

'Freezing' i chuckled, closing my eyes.

All of a sudden i felt him plonk himself down on me and cuddle into me.

'I'm sorry i forgot to turn the heating on for you before i left' he said as i felt him frown.

'I'll make it up to you' he said kissing my cheek and standing up.

'And how will you do that?' I laughed again.

'Another one of my famous hot chocolates?' He chuckled.

His silliness brightened up my day and i couldn't feel more lucky to call him mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ficmas day 15

Good morning,
I'm sorry this isn't as long as it usually is but last night when i was writing this i was exhausted as the night before i felt like i hadn't slept at all.

I'll try to make sure tomorrows is longer than this
I hope you have a good day x