Chapter 9

Chapter 9

                "So what happens in the xylem of a plant?" My mom spoke.

                "Hmm," I turned to her.

                With a sigh she said. "You haven't been listening have you?"

                I shook my head, as she closed my biology book.

                "If you don't step it up Lucia," She grumbled.

                "Mom," I huffed.

                She stared at me her eyes growing angry. "There is no man in your mirror! There is no voice talking to you! You cannot shove people into walls and stairs without knowing!!"

                I felt a lump form in my throat. "Mom..."

                "No, Lucia!"

                "Mom..."

                "...Lucia, stop!!"

                Slowly I stood up from my seat and walked towards the front door grabbing my backpack on the way.

                "Where do you think you're going?" My mother huffed from the living room.

                I rolled my eyes. "Well clearly you don't want me around right now." And with that I closed the door behind me. Each step I took caused my heart to race. There was something in me that wanted to me to run.

                "So run..." A voice shattered in my head.

                My breath stopped short as I felt my hair sting.

                "Run!"

                With shock I did. My feet hit the pavement hard, as the air around me began to whiz against my ears. It felt good to run. The blood in my heart pumped faster than ever. I was losing myself. My mind was slowly beginning to blur and before I knew it I was nearing downtown. I was dodging bodies, and leaping over fire hydrants, parked bikes and cement blocks.

                "Nice feeling isn't it." Lucifer laughed through me.

                My feet stopped mid track almost causing me to trip.

                "Please stop..." I whispered as I snuck off to an empty phone booth.

                Slowly I lifted the receiver and placed it by my ear. I faked dialling a number as he began to speak.

                "Why, obviously you're starting to see what you can do, yes?"

                "Yah and your point, is?"

                A huff came from his voice. "Lucia, you can stay with me."

                "What?"

                "You are mine, and you belong here."

                "Oh yes, because it will definitely go well when my mom finds out I killed myself to go to hell!"

                He grumbled.

                "Look just please stop alright?"