We'll go on vacation!

Haylee is finally home and then she realizes that she's got autumn vacation now. 2 weeks without homework or studying. Haylee just wanna lay in bed everyday watching Netflix while eating some Ben and Jerrys. But that dream is fast destroyed.

"Haylee is that you?"

Her mom while she is walking over to her.

"Yep" says Haylee, rolling her eyes.

"I gotta tell you something. I guess you'll like it."

Her mom says nervously

"So u got a new boyfriend? Cool for You."

Haylee responses annoyed.

"Noo",

her mom tells her,

"we both, we'll go on vacation! Isn't that amazing?"

Her mom looks like she just opened a full fridge with her favorite food.
Haylee isn't interested in that.

" No,no I don't think so. I'll spend the next two weeks with dad."

"Maybe you will do that, but u have to wait a year, be-."

"Mom you can't force me to stay with me!!"

Haylee yells at her mom

"Just let me finish my sentence sweetheart, calm down. I spoke to your dad today because his boss arranged him to go on a business trip for 2 weeks. He will stay in an hotel in the Netherlands for that time. U have to come with me."

"But I don't want to!"

"What's your problem with me? Just let me explain where we're going to go."

"I guess you mean where YOU're going to go."

"No I said it right, here we go. We'll stay,"
exciting pause,
"two weeks",
another one,
"at my old best friend Merete in Copenhagen."

"It doesn't sound as if you know how to pronounce her name."

Haylee says laughing.
All you can hear is the quiet sound of the music through her headphones.

"Why aren't you happy about it Haylee?"

Her mom sounds disappointed

"Why should I? I wanted to spend my vacation with my friends. Now I have to listen to long, boring conversation about how the soup tastes the best."

"You're completely wrong. Merete has got 4 children. The oldest boy is called benjamin and he's 16. I hope you're good in english, because you're gonna need it."

Her mom smirks at Haylee.

"I bet he's a nerd."

Says Haylee, but that's a lie. She now gets a little bit exciting. Maybe he'll be nice and pretty, that's what Haylee wants.

"What about the other kids?"

"Marius, Olivia and Amanda."

"And how old are they?"

"7, 10 and 12 I think."

"Well, ok. I'm gonna come with you, but please, please don't be embarrassing and don't talk that much!"

"Promised! You should pack ur suitcase now. The plane goes on Monday."

"I'll do that tomorrow mom. Thanks for taking me with u. Sorry that I was so rude."

"Aw, no Probleme sweetheart."