N I N A

Short one :)
______________________________________________________________

Dreyah sat in the middle of Bishop's bed , lights off , candles lit. He hadn't been home since she left for work last night , Kirk wasn't answering his phone...

She figured they were together , doing what she knew they would go do eventually. Dreyah closed her eyes , this was her first time meditating. An old friend from school always talked about how it made her feel better , and Dreyah needed peace. She needed to feel better.

///

Dreyah was in love. She was definitely in love.

Meditation was probably the best thing she had ever experienced in life. It made her feel so peaceful , during and after. She could close her eyes and see herself by a stream deep in the woods , a green field with tall sun flowers , anywhere. It felt better than the occasional blunt with Bishop and she even loved the science behind it.

Spending time researching Chakras and crystals was definitely taking her mind off the danger Kirk and Bishop were putting themselves in.

Blowing out all of her candles, Dreyah heard her phone buzzing since she had put it on silent. Hopping onto the bed she answered the phone. "Hello?"

Bishop pulled the phone away from his ear staring at it in surprise. She hadn't sounded that happy since they first met. "What's up? What you been up to without your best-friend?"

Dreyah laughed freely , rolling her eyes. "Getting my life together , loser. What are you and Kirk doing?"

"How you know I'm with Kirk? I could be with that bad jawn we seen at Burger King , you don't know my life." He shrugged.

She smacked her lips. "Shut up , boy. Now spill the tea , what are y'all doing?"

"Well I'm in Brooklyn , but Kirk is on his way back to Harlem." Bishop walked around the grocery store in search of Duck Tape and sewing needles.

Dreyah got up to turn down the AC. "Why is he coming back?"

"To get you." He said it like she was just supposed to know this was going to happen.

"Why?" Just as Dreyah spoke there was a knock at the door.

"Damn , that can't be Kirk already? He drive fast as hell." Bishop spoke more to himself than her.

She put on house slippers and went to the door. Swinging it open she immediately swung it closed , locking it in every way possible. "Bishop , that's not Kirk."

He almost dropped the items in his hand when he heard her voice. She was panicking. "Shit , Dreyah. Who is it?"

"That guy , it's the guy. Bishop you have to come , why is he here? You have to come." She was rambling now and Bishop was at the counter checking out.

He handed the lady the money , snatched his bag off the counter and ran out of the store. "What guy? Dreyah calm your ass down , stop being so scared of these niggas! Why you think they fuck with you?!"

Dreyah nodded as if he could see her , she calmed herself down. "It's um...his name is Malik I think. I don't have a gun Bishop , what am I supposed to do?"

"Go get mine then. For now just keep the door locked and go to the room." He drove back to the house him and Kirk were in.

Dreyah heard a loud sound against the door and she jumped. Catching her breath she calmed herself and went into the room. She searched for Bishop's gun , but there was nothing. So she asked him and he said he took the one from the nightstand , just take the one from the closet.

She heard the door open and she froze. Every single hair on the back of her neck stood at attention. Grabbing the gun she made sure it was loaded and pointed at the bedroom door , waiting for it to open.

Dreyah was terrified. Her hands shook and her legs were locked where they stood.

The door eased open and as soon as she seen the man behind it she pulled the trigger.

She heard the loud bang before she could register anything else. Looking up she wanted to see if she hit him.

"Kirk!" She screamed in horror dropping the gun.

"Dreyah , what happened?!" She could hear Bishop scream from the phone.

///

"I need lil mama , like a nigga need NINA on the side."

-Tory Lanez