E X C H A N G E

______________________________________________________________

"Kirk!" She screamed in horror dropping the gun.

"Dreyah , what happened?!" She could hear Bishop scream from the phone.

Dreyah clutched her chest running over to Kirk. He was bent over holding his stomach , and shaking slightly.

"Are you okay?!" She felt over him , looking for any injuries.

He stood up straight and she immediately regretted being nice. The fool was laughing.

"You should've seen your face!" He shouted , howling. Pointing to the gun shot in the wall , he continued. "Bishop gone whoop your ass for shooting his wall."

Dreyah rolled her eyes walking to pick up her phone. "Should've shot your ass..." She mumbled hanging up on Bishop.

"I'm sorry , but wow. You need some gun safety training!" Dropping his keys on the table by the bedroom door , he walked towards Dreyah with his arms outstretched. "I deserve a hug, considering I came all the way back here to get you. And then you almost shot me."

Dreyah rolled her eyes giving him a quick one arm hug , grabbing her charger and purse heading towards the door. "You came to get me right? Well , let's go."

///

"We been looking everywhere , this nigga must be hiding." Bishop shook his head , falling backwards on the bed.

Dreyah , who sat next to him , patted him on the stomach as a comforting gesture. "Well , I'm hungry so..." She stood , grabbing her wallet from her purse.

"Woah , where you think you going? You ain't going no where alone , Dre." Bishop sat up quickly.

She sighed. "I'm just going right down the block , remember that Chinese joint right next to the check cashing place?"

Bishop narrowed his eyes at her. "Call me right now and I'm staying on the phone until you get back."

Dreyah rolled her eyes going to the call log and tapping Bishop's name. "There , now may I go dad?" She spoke sarcastically.

"Yes , you may." He smiled.

///

"I'm not getting you anything , you ain't put in on this." Dreyah spoke to Bishop over the phone , paying for her food.

"This why I'm not marrying you , you always got a damn attitude." He referred to the other night when Dreyah suggested they get married if they're still single by 30.

She laughed grabbing her bag and walking out of the shop. "Yea , well I'm not marrying you cause you broke and can't buy your own Chinese food."

"Kirk said you still single cause your toes ugly!" Bishop laughed loudly over the phone.

Dreyah pulled the phone away from her ear , glaring at it. "Tell Kirk he's single cause he smells like toes!" She tried and failed to roast him back.

"Just hurry up and get back , lame ass." Bishop laughed , hanging up.

Dreyah smiled , chuckling slightly at her very weird friends. They were stupid , and annoying , and obnoxious , but she loved them.

"Yo! What's up , ma?" Dreyah whipped her head around to see who had cat called her.

It was a tall , caramel skinned guy with a black bubble jacket and black timbs. She stared at him curiously for a moment before continuing her walk towards the hotel.