2.1

As Ashton and I were sitting Jared walked over to us telling us we were closing up. I didn't even realize it was already past nine.

Luke never showed up.

After helping clean up part of the complex Ashton began driving us home and I could just feel my eyes begin feeling up with tears as Ashton glanced over noticing.

"Cleo..? What's wrong?" He asked as I wiped under my eye and took a shaky break.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why i'm crying. I was trying not too," I apologized as he pulled up my house and hook his head.

"No don't apologize for crying," he said running his through a strand of my hair, comforting me, "What's wrong?"

I sniffled again, as another tear fell down on my cheek, "Luke never showed up. He pinky promised. He's never broken one before," I said as he frowned as he pulled me into a side hug.

"That was a total dick move. I'm sorry he broke his promise and made you cry," he said sounding sincere and angry. I nodded thanking him before telling him that I'd call him tomorrow and giving him another hug.

I walked inside, making sure I didn't slip. I shouldn't let luke upset me. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I'm not gonna let him make me feel like this.

I hurried upstairs and went straight for the bathroom. As I cried for a little while sitting on the toilet, I finally got in the shower, cried some more before getting out and going to my bedroom. I pulled on a tight grey long sleeve shirt and some legging. I shook my hair out with the towel before blow drying I put so it'd be dry.

Afterwards I just sat on my bed with my eyes burning from crying. As my phone beep, I grabbed it seeing it was from luke. I opened it, not caring that I didn't wait just so I could see what he said.

Luke-
"CLEO IM SO SORRY. I TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS TONIGHT I WASNT EVEN THINKING"

Luke-
"As soon as I got your text I realized and hurried down to the gallery but they were already closed."

I sniffled seeing his text, realizing no matter what he said he wouldn't fix this. I don't understand why i'm so upset over him. Every Time i'm sad it's always because of Luke. I shook my head not wanting to reply. Then another messaged popped up.

Luke-
"Cleo please believe me I swear god on everything I forgot about it. I don't know what I was thinking I should of known."

Cleo-
"No, fuck you Luke. I'm done."

With that, I shut my phone off completely and laid down, holding my pillow as I began to cry, not helping it. All my emotions were gone. I don't couldn't feel anger. I couldn't feel sadness. All I felt was numb. I was use to this. I become so immune to this that I feel nothing now. All I can manage to do is cry because it's helping me feel something. I don't know what that something is though...

There was a knock at my bedroom door, but I just told them to go away, not wanting to have to deal with anyone right now. I couldn't function right and I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I haven't been like this in a long while and it's embarrassing that this was caused by Luke. A stupid boy that didn't act like a good best friend.

Lilian opened the door, giving me a somber sigh, "Luke is downstairs," she whispered as I sniffled and shook my head.

"I can't do it," I shook my head, "I don't want to see him," I told her as she walked over and sat beside of me and grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze.

"I know, honey. I know. I'm sorry you're hurting right now," she said and I nodded as she leaned in and have my forehead a kiss.

"You come talk to me whenever you need," she said giving me a sad grin before exiting my room.

I listened carefully to hear Lilian talk to Luke. I'm allowed to eavesdrop.

"She's in bed," Lilian said.

"Please Lilian. I know she's awake, just please let me see her," he said, sounding as if he was about to cry.

"Luke i'm sorry. I can't do that," she said, "We both know that," she said as he sighed, sounding frustrated.

"If I don't talk to her now, our friendship might be over for good...I really can't lose her," he said and I could tell her was crying now. Why is his crying getting to me? After all he's done? I shouldn't feel any sorrow for him, but here I am trying to force myself to not go down there.

I just can't.