Part 2

James Potter sauntered down the Great Hall filled with purpose, Sirius on his left, Remus on his right, and Peter falling somewhat behind. They sat down in their usual seats at the Gryffindor table and started eating.
   James scanned the vicinity but, Lily was no where to be found. For the first time, he felt nervous about his mission. Sure, the worst she could do was say no, which she had done countless times before. And sure, he could always try again but, this time something felt different.
   He decided the best thing to do would be to drown his worry in waffles and wait.
   He'd been doing just that when Peter tapped him on the shoulder.
   Lily Evans had just walked in with her friends. She looked beautiful, as always, and James couldn't take his eyes off her. Apparently, Snivellus couldn't either, he saw in his peripheral vision.
No, he thought I won't ruin my chance this time.
   She was about to pass him on her way to her seat. He started to panic a bit.
   "Morning, Evans." Was all he could muster. Was he flustered? That was a first.
   "Potter." She replied, not taking her eyes off of her destination.
   "...smooth..." Sirius laughed.
   "Hey, its a start."
   Remus raised his eyebrows in half amusement. Peter was very focused on his toast.
   "I've got prefect duty with her today. Maybe then?" He stared at her and the corners of his mouth turned slowly upward in a smile out of  his control, just like they always did when someone mentioned Lily Evans.
   Moony, Wormtail, and Padfoot looked at each other and then Prongs. What were they going to do with him?