Part 3

James Potter couldn't focus all day. He vaguely remembered going to class or lunch or walking to his prefect duties at 9 o'clock. The only thing he could think about was her.
Her blazing red hair. Her eyes green like a forest. No, something better than a forest. Her eyes green like trees on a rainy day in midsummer. Nothing else in the world mattered.
He and Lily had been assigned to patrol the surrounding hallways of Gryffindor tower just before curfew. This was the easiest prefect job there was since no one broke curfew (Besides the Marauders).
He walked to his station and she was already there, sitting against the wall. His stomach did a dance.
Okay, Prongs. He internally monologued. Don't say anything stupid.
"Hey."
'Hey'!? Are you kidding me!?
She looked at him with her greener than green eyes.
Crap
"Hey..."
He sat down beside her.
"So,"
"..."
"How are things, Potter?"
She expects me to answer, doesn't she.
He cleared his throat, "Good, good... And you?"
"Great."
An awkward silence ensued.
"Listen, Evans, there's something important I have to tell you."
"Potter,..." She started walking faster. James matched her speed. "Not now."
"Evans," he took her wrist and she stopped and faced him. Those green eyes again.
Here we go...
"Will you go out with me, Evans?"
"No." She turned around and started walking again.
"Can I get a reason why?"
"No. Go away, Potter."
"Evans!"
She walks faster.
He stops.
"Evans, I am in love with you."
She stops abruptly and slowly walks back towards him.