Prologue

/////

The loud shattering noise of the glass woke me up in the middle of the night. I looked around my room that's only been illuminated by the moonlight from the window. I glanced at the door hoping either of my parents would come in and comfort me. But they never came.

After the loud crashing noise, the house was filled with silence. As if it was only in my dream. Curiosity got the best of me and I swung my legs to the right side of the bed.

I walked stealthily to the wooden door of my room with the wooden panels creaking with every step I take due to its oldness and lack of repair. There's no light shining from the hallway, meaning there's no one out. Being the brave but stupid I am, I opened the door. The creaking sound of the hinges made it worse.

I glanced at both ways of the hallway hoping for a sign of my parent's presence. Once again, they never came.

"Hello." An enthusiastic voice startled me. Even if I haven't seen the person, the voice probably came from a young person with a strong accent.

I looked around me searching for the source of the voice to prove my conclusion. The frail moonlight didn't serve much light for me to look around the darkness.

"Who are you?" I asked, still not seeing the person who spoke. Fear is slowly creeping up in my nerves in every second that I wonder who's in the house. "Show yourself." I demanded.

"Look behind you." The unfamiliar voice said. I hastily turn around, eager to know who it is.

The person stood in front of me. Too close for my liking. I took two steps backward while studying his face in the dark. I can't comprehend his face features until he moved under the moonlight.

And I was right. A boy stood in front of me with a smirk on his face. He is taller than me by two or three inches. I can tell that he is either a year older or we're on the same age. His brown curly hair is messily pushed back from his face. But what captures my attention the most is his dark green eyes staring intently back at me.

"What are you doing here?" My high pitched baby voice is now gone and is now replaced by a forced mature voice. "How did you get in here?"

His smirk doesn't falter and replied, "I got in through the window." He answered but ignored the first one.

I stood straight to show him that I am not afraid of his presence but I am. I'm afraid that he will kill me or kidnap me even if he is still young.

All of a sudden, his smirk was replaced by a genuine smile. He looked innocent and carefree when he smiles. His dimples popping out of the side of his lips. And his eyes are squinting under the feeble light. This boy is surely cute when he smiles but his smirk gives me chills. How can a boy give off an intimidating aura in such a young age?

"Don't be scared. I won't hurt you." He assured.

I nodded hesitantly and that made him chuckle lightly. He puts his right hand in between us and said, "Hi, I'm Harry."

I looked at his hand then at his face then at his hand again. Looks could be deceiving. That's what my father told me. How could I be sure that he is harmless? I took the risk and shook his hand.

"And you are?" He asked.

"Allison." I softly replied. I retreated my hand back to my side and stayed silent. "How old are you?" I asked curiously.

"I'm 12. And you are 11, right?" He guessed correctly. I nodded.

He smiled proudly.