1. Nice to meet you

Ariana's POV

Yay, I'm the new girl in school. This is the third school I've moved to in the past two years. My mom keeps getting new jobs and it's getting annoying.

I got out of bed and went to the shower and made sure I was nice and clean. Once my hair dried, I went to my vanity and waited for my straighter to heat up. Once it heated up I straightened my hair and put some curls and the end. I changed into white high waisted jeans, a floral short sleeve crop top and my black vans. I put on my foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. I winged the eyeliner to put a little zing in my first day of school outfit.

"Ariana hurry before you're late to school!" My mom screamed at me.

"Okay, I'm coming!"

I grabbed a granola bar and my bag and ran out to the car.

"Remember I'm going to be out all night tonight so here's a key. You can order in but we have some leftovers in the fridge." My mom said.

"Thanks mom. I'm gonna miss you. I'll be SO lonely!" I said somewhat sarcastically.

We finally pulled up to the school. I grabbed my bag an got out of the car, but turned around once my mom called me.

"Ari! Talk to people! I'm not gonna have you all lonely and depressed like you were at the last school. If you meet someone, invite them over to keep you company! I won't be back until 2 in the morning, latest!"

"Okay mom, have a good day" I said as she pulled off.

I walked towards the school. I walked over to the main office to get my schedule.

"Hi, I'm new here!" I said to the attendant.

"Hi there! What's your name?" The lady asked

"Ariana Grande" I responded

"Ariana Grande-Butera?" She asked

"Oh yeah." I said softly. I forgot my name is legally that. It's not bad, it's just that my dad and I don't have the best father-daughter relationship.

"Alright. Wait here and I'll go get your schedule!" She said. I waited for about five minutes until she finally came back.

"Ok, here's your schedule. Your locker number and combination is on the top right corner of your schedule. I hope you have a wonderful time at Boca High School!" The lady said. I smiled at her and then walked out of the office to find my locker.

The school is much larger than my old schools back in New York. I walked down the hallways filled with people until I got to my locker. I put in the combination and put my stuff in.

I felt pretty out of place. No one came up to me and said hello, the were mostly just staring at me. Oh well, I guess this school will be the exact same as my last. The only problem is, I'm staying here until I graduate. So two more years since I'm a sophomore.

I finally got to my first class, AP Literature, fun.

"Hi, I'm Ariana, I'm new"

"Hello Ariana, I'm Mr. Carter. I'm your AP Literature teacher. I just want you to know I expect 100% from you. I understand you're new, but this is an Advanced Placement class so you're in here for a reason."

"Of course sir, so um, where do I sit?" I asked nervously. Everyone was in the class now, staring at me. Once I said that everyone giggled. I guess I said something wrong?

"Oh miss Grande, I don't have assigned seats, choose your seat please"

I don't know why everyone laughed at me asking where I sit. Honest mistake but whatever.

While I was looking for a table, I saw everyone giving me weird looks, putting their bags on the empty sits, signaling they don't want me to sit by them. Since the tables were in square formation, I decided to sit at the table no one was at.

It hurt a little, but it's whatever. We had to do individual or group work, since no one wanted me to sit by them I just had to work my own. Until someone came up to me and sat down.

Justin's POV

I saw a new girl walk in, she's pretty hot. When she asked where she sits, everyone laughed, it wasn't that funny honestly but I just kept talking to my friends Ryan and Chaz.

When she was going to sit down everyone was putting their bags on empty seats so she wouldn't sit down, I felt bad for her but it's whatever. But when I saw her sit down by herself at a table meant for four people, guilt settled in my stomach.

Finally the teacher said to work in pairs or individually. I decided this was my chance to talk to her, maybe get a little action in since I'm one of the hottest guys in the school and all the girls want me.

"Hi, I'm Justin" I said smiling while pulling the chair out to sit down.

"Um, hi, I'm um.. Ariana" She said. I couldn't tell if she was taken by my amazing smile, or if she was just surprised someone was talking to her.

"Wanna work together?" I asked. She couldn't say no since I already sat down.

"Sure I guess" She said half-confused.

She is really smart. She pretty much answered all the questions except the ones that we took notes on.

"What grade are you in?"

"I'm in 10th, what about you?" She asked.

"Oh, same. We're actually the only sophomores in the class" I explained

"Oh, wow. That's um, great."

The bell rang so I got my bag together.

"I'll see you around, nice to meet you"

She smiled. Her smile is amazing.

Yay! I just finished the first chapter of my new book! If any of you saw my other book, I decided to discontinue it because I couldn't think of what to write! I hope you enjoy this book and I'll try to update as often as possible but with school and cheer it will be hard during the week. Definitely look for updates on weekends and during this holiday break. Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
kissmybutera❤️